Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I have to ask?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM
  • 96 Replies
1 mom liked this

How do you and your husband spend, or handle your money? My husband says I should have to ask him first before I spend anything...even if its a dollar. Today, I took 40 dollars out of the ATM and didn't ask. I knew if I asked he'd tell me no. Not because we didnt have it, but just because thats what he always says! The reason I took the money out is because my mother almost died in september. She went into cardiac arrest and went 24 minutes without oxygen. She somehow survived it and finally got out of ICU and is now in a nursing home right outside of Houston. My husband is military and we currently live in Oklahoma. 10 hour drive to my moms so I can't go see her a lot. Anyways, her cell phones been cut off and it's been about a month since I talked to her. So I took the 40 dollars out and wired the money to my uncle so he could pay her bill, so I can talk to her. I'm so sick of being treated like a child and now he's talking about divorce over this. He says he could shit out 40 dollars so the amount doesnt matter but i'm an unloyal, untrustworthty wife.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM

We'll check with each other to stay on the same page and decide "no" together for whatever reason.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Bknotnobody
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM
I work for my own money now so I don't have this issue.

Though when I didn't I'd ask out of courtesy. If we didn't have it he'd say no. If we had it he'd hand it over :-).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM
7 moms liked this

Power and control is the core of an abusive relationship.  He may not be physical yet, but this is a warning sign.  Please be careful.

AngelRT
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM

What?!?!? Does he ask or tell you about every dime he spends? That's ridiculous!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Fuck that, thats why I work. Even if I didn't work I would never have to ask or explain myself. He sounds like an ass.

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM
We both work full time and share a bank account. We pay bills and stuff together.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM

We give each other a heads up when we spend money so we don't end up screwing ourselves.

milfanyway
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM
My hubby asks me if it's ok to spend (I handle all of our finances). If we have it he gets it, if not then he had to wait till payday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We only call each other if its something over $100 but otherwise if we have the money get it

quietbookworm
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We tell each other when we grab money so we know. Your dh is controlling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)