Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newtown connections?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Does anyone have any connections to any of the people affected? My aunt knew one of the teachers that was killed. She used to be a nanny to kids that lived a town over from Newtown and the teacher previously worked at their school...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Anyone???
Kayla060812
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Nope. I am glad I don't I am already very emotional about it I could not imagine if I did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM

same here

Quoting Kayla060812:

Nope. I am glad I don't I am already very emotional about it I could not imagine if I did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM
That's how I feel too...I actually feel very selfish because of how hard I am taking it and I don't even know anyone who was involved.

Quoting Kayla060812:

Kayla060812
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM
I think everyone ib this country is taking it hard. We are taking it hard because we are mother and we go through this in our heads over and over trying to figure out why. Even people who are not parents are having a hard time with this. We send our children to school to learn and we think they will be safe. My fear is that there will be a copy cat. There are so many people that are sick. Not just in this country but in this world. Also the media is not helping because they just want to be the first to report it and they are sayi.g false things and having to retract. This is a tragedy and it will weigh heavy on our hearts and minds for the rest of our lives. I am to the point of nightmares. I am also tired of people comparing it to other school shooting. These were babies they are innocent. Don't feel selfish. We all get through tragedies but we never forget. My heart hurts for the parents, grandparent and for these childrens friends. It hurts for the children that have pasted because no child should experience being scared or in that kind of pain. I hope that this helps our country learn to love each other again.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's how I feel too...I actually feel very selfish because of how hard I am taking it and I don't even know anyone who was involved.

Quoting Kayla060812:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I just keep thinking about those babies and what they went through in their final moments and even more so I keep thinking of the kids who survived and had to see all that...I just can't even fathom it. It makes my heart hurt so bad.

Quoting Kayla060812:

I think everyone ib this country is taking it hard. We are taking it hard because we are mother and we go through this in our heads over and over trying to figure out why. Even people who are not parents are having a hard time with this. We send our children to school to learn and we think they will be safe. My fear is that there will be a copy cat. There are so many people that are sick. Not just in this country but in this world. Also the media is not helping because they just want to be the first to report it and they are sayi.g false things and having to retract. This is a tragedy and it will weigh heavy on our hearts and minds for the rest of our lives. I am to the point of nightmares. I am also tired of people comparing it to other school shooting. These were babies they are innocent. Don't feel selfish. We all get through tragedies but we never forget. My heart hurts for the parents, grandparent and for these childrens friends. It hurts for the children that have pasted because no child should experience being scared or in that kind of pain. I hope that this helps our country learn to love each other again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kayla060812:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Unfortunately

Dylan Hockley was a cousin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Unfortunately

Dylan Hockley was a cousin.

Really? I'm sorry. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)