Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daycare owner watches and does nothing while employee beats 3 y/o to death.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:18 PM
  • 95 Replies

Video

"A daycare owner has been arrested after one employee allegedly repeatedly beat a three-year-old girl, eventually killing her, while the owner watched and did nothing. Savannah Cross died on Tuesday after she was left to languish in the care of strangers after her mother, a stripper, had not picked her up from the in-house daycare in Phoenix, Arizona since Thanksgiving. Ryan Reed, 27, told police he repeatedly hit, kicked and grabbed the girl at the home, while Allison Clement, 28, failed to report the abuse or seek medical aid, police spokesman Sgt. Trent Crump said. On Monday night, Reed stomped on the child's stomach while she was on the ground and she curled up and spent the rest of the night in that position, the Arizona Republic reported. Throughout the night, Reed heard Savannah groaning but only called authorities at 7am on Tuesday when he found her unresponsive, police said. She died on the way to hospital." - CapitalBay

EDIT: Read info in blue.

"After Googling, I found that her mother never actually picked her up since July- would just stop by and drop off money...lied to the father (who has severe PTSD and feared not being able to keep her) and told him the baby only went to the babysitters when she went to work.

I can look at these daycare "providers" and tell they aren't wrapped too tight.

Mom should be charged as well, because bruises had been found on this child's body, going over the course of time. Had she been attentive, she'd have known, or maybe she didn't care.
litlmama87 on page 5.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:18 PM
4 moms liked this

What the fuck is wrong with these bastards? Not only did the abuse her, but they let her die in agonizing pain too? These people deserve the needle and I hope to god they get it! It's a fucking shame. You should be able to leave your child (obviously not as long as the mother in question did) in the care of a trusted day care provider and not worry about them killing your child. I really feel bad for moms that have to work outside of home and have to use day cares. Many of these moms really do have to work to help provide. They should be able to have a safe place to take their kids and not worry if they will ever see them alive again. We really need to protect these children and their families. There has to be stricter regulations on home daycares and private ones alwell.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

MizzDeeDee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:19 PM
6 moms liked this

I hate people sometimes... I really do. That makes me ill.

AllyRy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Did I read that the mom left her daughter there since Thanksgiving? Or did I read that wrong....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't see the need in pointing out the mother being a stripper.

And I think they should do the same to him....or make sure his ass goes to prison, making sure the other inmates know he's a baby killer.

-42-
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Quoting AllyRy:

Did I read that the mom left her daughter there since Thanksgiving? Or did I read that wrong....

You read it right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM
They're monsters! That poor baby! smh
AnitaA
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Sick bastards. I wish I hadn't read this

ZelisMommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM

OMG that's ... awful? terrible? I honestly dont think there's a word in the English language to describe how I feel right now. So many questions, too. Like where is the mother now? How many other kids were under these people's care? Where was this at? I cant imagine that happening here in the USA. wow wow wow

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

You read right! I have no idea why they didn't call CPS after the second day and she still hadn't shown up. My bet is she is somewhere dead, abandoned her, or somewhere strung out. Her father seems to really love her. It's a damn shame he was never given the opportunity to come and get his baby without the need for a body bag or coffin.

Quoting AllyRy:

kitchen.ninja
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
That's disgusting!!! They should be beaten to death.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)