Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

irrational fears ,any one else?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:19 PM
  • 40 Replies

Okay before every one starts telling me im crazy im know alot of people can be this was.

Well any ways, I have always had irrational fears of thins I cant control, wrecks, fires, tornados ect.

While In my rational thought knw that the world isnt ending friday ect ect I still get an overwealming panic just thinking about it does any one else do this?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CuzImMOM
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Yep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KeriAZ
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM
im afraid of moths
rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:21 PM

the dentist.

its not totally irrational.  my dentist was an evil bastard.  but he's in prison now so i shouldn't be scared about ALL dentists, but unfortunately i am.  even a cleaning sends me into a panic attack.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Quoting KeriAZ:

im afraid of moths

oh I dont blame you nasty little bastards lol. I actually dont like any thing that can fly at me from butterflys to birds ect lol.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Quoting rosaleeandtwo:

the dentist.

its not totally irrational.  my dentist was an evil bastard.  but he's in prison now so i shouldn't be scared about ALL dentists, but unfortunately i am.  even a cleaning sends me into a panic attack.

my oldest is like that, shes 5 on thurs an only been to the dentist twice because she going in to mass paniac attacks an me an the ped just keep an eye on them an we keep them very very clean lol. But shes starting to come around she asked the other day if we could try again.

caito
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I have hypochondria and psychosomatic pain. I also have a fear of my car and dying. 

So yeah, I know how you feel.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Quoting caito:

I have hypochondria and psychosomatic pain. I also have a fear of my car and dying. 

So yeah, I know how you feel.

yea iget  bad sometimes. I dont drive for that very reason. I worry my kids are going to fall asleep an not wake up a bunch or things that 99 percent wont happen. Like fridays whole think realisticly I know 99 percent it wont happens but I still get panicy an cant breath ect so I just have to shut my mind off lol

Momma3830
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM
I think the same as you. I don't believe it's happening. But I think what if?.... I think about my babies :/

***When I was little I had an "irrational" fear of dying. Like I thought about it ALL the time. I never told anyone. But I eventually grew out of it.
MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Quoting Momma3830:

I think the same as you. I don't believe it's happening. But I think what if?.... I think about my babies :/

***When I was little I had an "irrational" fear of dying. Like I thought about it ALL the time. I never told anyone. But I eventually grew out of it.

Right I think about it alot an it stressed me alot . My husband thinks Im crazy lol an I kinda agree but not really sure how to stop it. I wasnt like this untill I had my children lol. I dont even like to read the new or watch the news loll I get my weather off our local new station web site so I can skip all the crappy stuff lol

I think its the what if's that worry me seeing as no one can ever be 100 percent sure. If I had no kids I doubt I would even think about it.

Momma3830
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM
I NEVER watch the news. :/

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Quoting Momma3830:

Right I think about it alot an it stressed me alot . My husband thinks Im crazy lol an I kinda agree but not really sure how to stop it. I wasnt like this untill I had my children lol. I dont even like to read the new or watch the news loll I get my weather off our local new station web site so I can skip all the crappy stuff lol

I think its the what if's that worry me seeing as no one can ever be 100 percent sure. If I had no kids I doubt I would even think about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)