Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think babysitters/ nanny should get a bonus?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Why or why not?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pj2becca21
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Hell yeah. I am a nanny and I need a bonus this year. $300 every 2 weeks in not enough when I was getting $400 week 2weeks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM
If you appreciate their service to your family I don't see why you wouldn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM

They take care of your precious children. I think that once or twice a year if you can swing it tha tthey get a bonus.  It isn't easy taking care of children, especially when they aren't yours.

Its nice to show them they are appreciated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Yes.  I think around Christmas time it is very appropriate to give a bonus.  You always give a bonus to year round hired help in my opinion.  Especially if they are doing a good job at taking care of your child.  One word of advice though, once you start they will expect it every year.  So if you can't afford to do it every year don't start.  lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:23 PM

just for existing in the human race? No. However, for a job well done, just like in any conventional professional job it is certainly nice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:23 PM
No the parents have enough extra to spend on those kids. They don't need to spend the last of it on the nanny.
Mom2Phoenix2011
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

For a nanny yes, they are a daily part of your childs life. A baby sitter no, unless you use the same one a lot.

Pnukey
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:36 PM

No, but I'm not a fan of bonuses or tips for anyone. Everyone knows what they agree to work for. If that's not good enough, get another job.

kels1023
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Uhm yes.  That's someone you trust to take care of your children. I would definitely give my nanny/babysitter a bonus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I think its nice but shouldnt be expected. 

I watch 3 year old twins. Ive had them since they were 18 months old. Their mom always gives me $50 extra before Christmas and I appreciate it because I know they dont have a lot of extra money. I dont get a bonus from my other job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)