• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those that kill people with guns...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

... more often than not are not legal gun owners. They either steal them from legal gun owners or buy them off of the street. How did they get on the street? Not by legal gun owners! Those things are registered in their names. Those names are registered in FBI databases. The ATF would be on their ass like a fly is to shit the second a street gun is found and it is registered to someone! In NYC many churches and precincts offer a "not questions asked" gun drop off program to help get guns off of the streets. Some even offer gift card rewards for those who turn them in. There are PLENTY of regulations and gun laws already in place for legal gun owners - that isn't the problem - it's the wrong people getting a hold of guns that is the problem. What can we do? Help get the guns off the street. Encourage urban areas to set up gun drop off locations. Stiffen laws for those found in posession of unregistered and illegal firearms. Improve the mental health care system so that mentally ill people get help before they kill people with guns! Change laws to have adults involuntarily held in mental health facilities if they are deemed a threat to society or themselves. Maybe even have all adults living in a house that holds legal firearms be required to take a gun safety course. There are things we can do on a small scale that can prevent situations like this from happening. Bitch and whine all you want but guns will never be outlawed. Ever. Instead of wasting time barking up the wrong tree start thinking about things that CAN happen and things that CAN change!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
angevil53
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Finally...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaHasWings
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM

BUMP!

MamaHasWings
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Funny when you put anti-gun supporters on the spot with someone intelligent they don't answer :D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM
I agree. But, I support the second amendment. So.....
MamaHasWings
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM

As do I, within reason. I support legal gun owners having the right to bare arms... not gangsters on the street or fruitloops who played too much Call Of Duty :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. Right.

Quoting MamaHasWings:

As do I, within reason. I support legal gun owners having the right to bare arms... not gangsters on the street or fruitloops who played too much Call Of Duty :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)