Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chinese Attacker: Ur doin' it wrong.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

http://news.ca.msn.com/world/china-stabbing-spree-hurts-22-schoolchildren

So... anyone want to guess at what the death toll would have been had this man had a gun? With a knife, he attacked 22 children and an elderly woman. The only casualties were a few severed fingers and some bad wounds, but ones which are expected to heal fine. The worst incident in China, in 2010, an attacker killed 8 children with a knife. How many more could he have gotten if he'd had access to an assault weapon?

The attack took place while the children were lined up outside their school. Nowhere to run. No closet to hide in. If adults had thrown themselves in front of the children, no matter, the attacker could have just mown them down row by row. They were sitting ducks, no classroom or locked doors to protect them. He could have killed the whole schoolyard IF he'd had access to guns. Instead, he did his best to kill as many as possible, just like Lanza... except that he wasn't successful at killing anyone.

I don't know about anyone else, but as horrible as losing a finger would be, I'd much rather lose a finger than a couple dozen classmates and teachers.

China man should have waited and come over here where he could get an assault weapon easier than a pack of cigarettes, THEN tried it. He would have been a lot more successful. See? We win again. Why? Because 'MERICA, that's why.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I've been saying essentially this for days now.

Guns don't kill people? Oh. Okay. They just make it REALLY easy to murder a LOT of people and innocent children.

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

It's all there in the title. "Stabbing spree HURTS 22 children." Not "Shooting spree KILLS 26". 

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Where do you live that you can get an assault rifle easier than a pack of cigarettes?? I need to move there!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM

And yet they are credited with inventing gunpowder and possibly the first crude hand cannon.

Gotta love china lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Thank god other countries have heard of a thing called gun control. Ya it might legal to own almost any gun in America. Barack may as well make murder legal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:31 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)