Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I stop being so clingy??????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I am apparently driving my dh nuts. I am very clingy, I don't give him his own space, I am always by his side. My 1st husband cheated on me and because of that, I have a lot of insecurities. I am afraid my dh is going to do the same thing, even though I know he is not that type of person. Whenever he is on his computer, I am near him, watching what he is doing. I feel bad, but at the same time, I feel like I can't help it. Idk what to do, he is at his breaking point, and I dont want this to ruin our marriage! How do I stop acting like this?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM

You should seek counseling, preferably together.

Start with baby steps - if he is on his computer, go get on your computer, or watch a movie, or read a novel. Stay in the same room if you must but don't hover.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Ugh omg my boyfriend is like that and it drives me insane...I've been cheated on before too by another boyfriend but I'm not like that. Honestly I'd rather not know what was going on if there was something which is why I don't try to read his texts or anything...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalPystol
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Start finding things to do with your time. You also need to trust him. And I agree with op you need counseling together.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Counseling, both together and by yourself. I would start by yourself and bring him in after you establish a relationship with your therapist. Being cheated on takes a huge emotional toll on a woman. You have nothing to be ashamed of, unless you refuse to get help. But I bet if he sees you trying to change and better yourself it will strengthen your relationship with him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)