Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There's NO Getting away from it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I live in Ct, 30miles away from it, and all you see/hear no matter where you go is about the tragedy...went to a restaurant today, and what is everyone talking about in there?? Same thing on the radio, tv, and every place a person goes.   There's no relief from the bad news, other than to stay home, and keep playing dvd, cd's or pandora...

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KeimUNCmomof3
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Yes, stay home and watch movies on netflix.  

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Sorry. But, it's only natural.

It is a horrible tragedy that has affected all of us to some extent. It will take some time to heal and we humans always react by discussing, just talking and somehow trying to make sense...

crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I'm watching movies too. I don't live close but it makes me so sad to see it constantly. :-(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM

i wish i could...but, unf, life goes on, despite tragedy.  I just wish i didn't have to hear it every place i went.. i've had enough

Quoting KeimUNCmomof3:

Yes, stay home and watch movies on netflix.  

jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:39 PM
:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:39 PM

It will be a while before it blows over, but that's how it should be.

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! OP, you're doing it too, without even realizing it, by bringing it up here.

Quoting Momniscient:

Sorry. But, it's only natural.

It is a horrible tragedy that has affected all of us to some extent. It will take some time to heal and we humans always react by discussing, just talking and somehow trying to make sense...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Adia831
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Same here :( I live outside Danbury, it's everywhere here. But I get it. Some people deal with tragedy and grief and fear best by talking about it. It'll slowly die down. I don't think it's ever going to just go away, I mean, look at the town of Columbine: more than a decade later, there's hardly a persona live who was even semi-aware of the shooting at the time, who can dissociate the town from the massacre.

Newtown is not going to get over this for a long, long, long time.

Just lay low for a while and try not to expose yourself to it if it upsets you this much. Probably a good idea anyway, since I have a feeling that the next month or so is going to be a copycat free-for-all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I live in Ct, 30miles away from it, and all you see/hear no matter where you go is about the tragedy...went to a restaurant today, and what is everyone talking about in there?? Same thing on the radio, tv, and every place a person goes.   There's no relief from the bad news, other than to stay home, and keep playing dvd, cd's or pandora...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)