• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our poor tree :(

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM
  • 29 Replies

DH took all the fun out of our first Christmas tree by getting it on his own, the day after Thanksgiving. But thats a whole other story. Anyways, the poor thing is a fire hazard waiting to happen. We only turn its lights on for an hour each night. It is so dry that the branches snap off and the needles are so shrivled. Its so sad ad naked looking now. Ive been watering it everyday. Im not even sure if it will last until Christmas. I've never had this breed/species of tree before so I'm not sure if its normal. Any advice for next year??

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sj218
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Breed of tree... that made me smile. Did you buy it already cut? Not much you can do at this point. Where I live they grow a lot of the Christmas trees that are sold all over the country. Often times a tree that was available for purchase the day after thanksging, was harvested two or three weeks earlier. Makes for a very dry tree by Christmas.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Breed or species... I couldnt think of the right word :)  Its a locally grown tree from a farm 20 minutes up the highway.

Quoting Sj218:

Breed of tree... that made me smile. Did you buy it already cut? Not much you can do at this point. Where I live they grow a lot of the Christmas trees that are sold all over the country. Often times a tree that was available for purchase the day after thanksging, was harvested two or three weeks earlier. Makes for a very dry tree by Christmas.

usmc.momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:55 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Did you dh cut it or was it precut?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

My advice is take a picture! I want to see your charlie brown christmas tree!! :P

jlh2011
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I would recommend cutting your own tree next year. Depending on where you live they are cut weeks before you get it and sometimes shipped in from out of state.

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM

We only bought a live tree once, well twice in the same month. They both died so fast. That was the only year we did that. I don't know what we did wrong. We followed the directions.

sthflachk
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM
I got mine on the 1st of December and its alive and well. Did you guys cut the trunk and water it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

its not quite a Charlie Brow tree yet but its getting there.

Quoting Anonymous:

My advice is take a picture! I want to see your charlie brown christmas tree!! :P

usmc.momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:05 PM

It was cut at a farm up the highway, a few days before DH bought it.

Quoting jlh2011:

I would recommend cutting your own tree next year. Depending on where you live they are cut weeks before you get it and sometimes shipped in from out of state.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)