Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you ready for a lifetime of

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM
  • 16 Replies

kids? 
What makes somone "ready?" is it finances being ok, is it a house, what makes it "time?" is there even a such thing? Are we ever really "ready?" 
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kenziesmomma228
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Everyone has their own opinion on that. I feel you are ready when you can financially support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

There is no perfect time, no matter who you are.

rebeccarae
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

That's exactly how I feel, but I know people who have said they want kids, but aren't ready? I have no idea what they mean.

FL2AK
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM
For me it was when I was married, had a home, financially secure to where I can stay at home and had health care coverage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I never would have been "ready" I believe if DD didn't happen by accident I never would have had kids.

Quoting rebeccarae:

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

That's exactly how I feel, but I know people who have said they want kids, but aren't ready? I have no idea what they mean.

rebeccarae
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Quoting FL2AK:

For me it was when I was married, had a home, financially secure to where I can stay at home and had health care coverage.

I agree with health coverage at the LEAST! 

rebeccarae
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Same here, I was sharing an apartment with SO's family I wasnt working he was, but the second we found out about DS, we both stepped up. He was honestly the best thing that could have happened. 

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I never would have been "ready" I believe if DD didn't happen by accident I never would have had kids.

Quoting rebeccarae:

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I was traveling the World with the Air Force and loving life lol but I was also 25 it was time to settle down.

Quoting rebeccarae:

Same here, I was sharing an apartment with SO's family I wasnt working he was, but the second we found out about DS, we both stepped up. He was honestly the best thing that could have happened. 

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Quoting rebeccarae:

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM
I waited until I was older. I wanted to be sure I could support myself and a child, that I had met someone I knew would be a good dad, and also that I had gotten a lot of my own partying out. I had friends when I was younger who always missed out on parties and such because of their kids and I wasn't ready to give that up when I was younger. I sowed my wild oats, went to college, and when my ds came along I didn't care that my Friday nights were now spent in instead of out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccarae
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:17 PM

My SO and I never were into the party scene, so it was nothing we were going to miss. We had fun at home, doing stupid things and spending time with family. Always felt like it was weird but now I see it as a good thing .

Quoting JacksMom1221:

I waited until I was older. I wanted to be sure I could support myself and a child, that I had met someone I knew would be a good dad, and also that I had gotten a lot of my own partying out. I had friends when I was younger who always missed out on parties and such because of their kids and I wasn't ready to give that up when I was younger. I sowed my wild oats, went to college, and when my ds came along I didn't care that my Friday nights were now spent in instead of out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)