• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GUN AT SCHOOL.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 13 Replies

My lttle brother is in middle school. A girl there threatened that her and her boyfriend were going to bring a gun to the school dance. The dance was canceled.

Well today, the little girl was in school. No suspinsion or anything! No wonder kids make threats to bring a gun to school.. Nothing happens to them!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:09 PM

that's odd she should be in trouble for saying it at all

Bitterroot
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM
4 moms liked this

It should be a federal offense, just as it is to make a stupid comment before boarding a plane.

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Yes it should be. My poor little brother was scared to death to go to school today because he thought since the dance was canceled she would bring the gun to school. My mom assured him she wouldn't be in school because she would at least be suspended until winter break.

Quoting Bitterroot:

It should be a federal offense, just as it is to make a stupid comment before boarding a plane.

usmc.momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:14 PM

In 5th grade, I had a kid tell me he was going to bring a gun to school and I was first on his list. He was sent home for the day, thats it. I had to sit next to him for the rest of the school year.

LTryon
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Last week a 5th grader at my kids' school brought a pellet gun to school. Guess what the school did?

Called the boy's mom to come pick up the gun. No suspension... Nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica198027
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM

They treatened to suspend a kinder kid a few yrs back because he has a gun on a necklace that was tied to his neck. We were told if we could not get it off him he would be suspended. So it took me and the parent pacilatator to try to untie it from his neck. We eventually had to cut it off, we wanted to avoid cutting near his neck incase he moved. We did not want to cut him by accident, but he stayed still luckly. That kid would have been suspened until after Christmas break because he knows better for sure. If it was a smaller kinder or pre-k then yes call mom to come get it and have them talk to kid about not bringing it again.

Quoting LTryon:

Last week a 5th grader at my kids' school brought a pellet gun to school. Guess what the school did?

Called the boy's mom to come pick up the gun. No suspension... Nothing.

KeimUNCmomof3
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

That's scary.   :/

Quoting usmc.momma:

In 5th grade, I had a kid tell me he was going to bring a gun to school and I was first on his list. He was sent home for the day, thats it. I had to sit next to him for the rest of the school year.

Jessica198027
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM

If I was ur mom I would demand to know why she was not suspened and tell them that my son is afraid she will bring the gun to school since the dance is canceled now.

Quoting KayelynnsMama:

My lttle brother is in middle school. A girl there threatened that her and her boyfriend were going to bring a gun to the school dance. The dance was canceled.

Well today, the little girl was in school. No suspinsion or anything! No wonder kids make threats to bring a gun to school.. Nothing happens to them!

ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM

in my school that was grounds for suspension and a visit from the police.  Even knife threats got the same reaction.  

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I believe she left multiple messages.

Quoting Jessica198027:

If I was ur mom I would demand to know why she was not suspened and tell them that my son is afraid she will bring the gun to school since the dance is canceled now.

Quoting KayelynnsMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)