• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nursing mommies or mommies who have nursed.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM
  • 43 Replies

okay so all of a sudden to day my right breast has started hurting deep in side it hurts to touch or nurse (still nursing on that side though). I am already slightly sick from my daughter since she is sick. I have sore throat, chills an extreme sleepyness. But not sure to why my breast would be sore, there is also a pain full lump bout the size of a quarter. :O( stop nursing is not an option by any means to due issues with my daughter. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT,never experienced this before.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MylittlePea
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a clogged milk duct you also Could have mastitis call the doctor you'll need antibiotics
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Mastisis?

Nurse nurse nurse

nellyb118
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Call your doctor. Maybe a clogged duct or mastis.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Call the doc, it needs to be checked out
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010

Quoting MylittlePea:

Sounds like a clogged milk duct you also Could have mastitis call the doctor you'll need antibiotics

ohno  not good. I have a dr apointment for my daughter so they will go a head an see me to if Im there lol. Ive been there since I was 6 months they are great about that. Even my daughters I only end up having to make one apt ot get both seen lol

Ive never had a problem like this an its not major major pain but its enough that its bothering me :O( I wounder if there is anything I can do at home too?

kathislove80
Sounds like the start of mastitis. Call the dr or your lactation consultant. Nurse nurse nurse! Warm showers with hot water on breast. I got mastitis when DS was four weeks old. It sucked but I got through it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Quoting Baby4us09:

Mastisis?

Nurse nurse nurse

wahhh lol its like knot has moved some after she nursed ?? Am I crazy or does that sounds strange lol.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Quoting kathislove80:

Sounds like the start of mastitis. Call the dr or your lactation consultant. Nurse nurse nurse! Warm showers with hot water on breast. I got mastitis when DS was four weeks old. It sucked but I got through it.

did your knot (if you had one ) move at all? I have knot aobut the sie of a quarter an I swear its moved some since she nursed.

LovelyCorrupt
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Hot water or warm compresses to soften the lump, could be a clogged duct. Pump the sore side, make sure the milk looks and smells normal. Talk to the doctor!!!
With my first I got very sick and it soured my milk. It looked green in the bottles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tharealty2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM

mastitis.  see your doctor.  nursing will not fix that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)