Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated Vent!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

Back in the beginning of October DH got stopped and charged with a DUI but he refused to take the chemical test because the cop found him sitting on the side of the road. He thought that since he wasn't driving at the time the cop came to his window he couldn't be charged. Well he was wrong. As long as you are sitting in the driver seat with the keys you are in control of the car. Luckily our state has a program for first time offenders that allows them 1 year of probation and a bunch of fines and community service and about 60 days of license suspension. At the end of the year it is like it never happened and no longer on your record. Here is the problem though. Because he refused the chemical test he automatically looses his license for 1 year. So that is about 14 months of me doing all of the driving. Fortunately for me he works from home. However I have to get up and take him to community service. And today he went 2 hours away for his company work party. My frustration comes in the fact that I had to take him to the bus stop over 30 minutes away by 7:30 this morning so he could get the bus. He won't be back until tomorrow night when I have to take all 3 of my kids to pick him up around 9:00 pm. The next morning I get to take him to community service. So when the other morning he was saying he was afraid of not being able to get back to sleep because he was to get up early the next few mornings I got mad. Not only do I have to get up and take him where he needs to go on Friday I have to get up and go to work while he stays home and sleeps until almost 9:00. Oh and lets add that he hasn't told his family so I have to think of reasons to tell the kids as to why daddy isn't driving at all and why I have to take himn somewhere so early in the morning.

I am so tired of this already and it has only been a week. The next year is going to be tough.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:19 PM

that sucks! but just think- you have the power now! all the back rubs, foot rubs, toe nails painted you want. =) he owes you A LOT! you stuck by him after he made a STUPID decision, that affected not just him, but his entire family.... AND you're driving him everywhere

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)