Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's not about criminals with guns FFS

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM
  • 145 Replies
10 moms liked this

Ok folks lets gets something straight the issue is not criminals who will get guns regardless of the law. The issue is legal gun owners letting others get their guns. Why is that so fucking hard to understand? Every time the issue comes up gun lovers start spewing about drugs being illegal but they are here, criminals with stolen guns. That's NOT THE ISSUE.

When was the last time a drug dealer shot up a school? The problem is kids getting guns. How do kids get guns? From their gun toting parents. 

Will tighter gun laws make Joe Blow gun owner more responsible? I have no idea but something needs to be done. You gun lovers need to be more responsible, end of story. Buy 500 guns I don't give a shit but those guns are your responsibility and if your kid kills with it, it should be your ass on lthe line right there with his.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM
I agree some what. I think it should be a little harder for people to get guns. For example my uncle is a raging alcoholic (sp) and when he drinks he get very violent as the laws stand right now he could buy a gun. Which is the very last thing he needs. So I think better laws would help. But as soon as you say gun control on here most hear gun ban for some reason.
UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM

IT's odd how that works, none of them want to take responsibility for what's done with their gun either.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree some what. I think it should be a little harder for people to get guns. For example my uncle is a raging alcoholic (sp) and when he drinks he get very violent as the laws stand right now he could buy a gun. Which is the very last thing he needs. So I think better laws would help. But as soon as you say gun control on here most hear gun ban for some reason.

VannaMae307
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM
7 moms liked this

kjoarcik
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a gun owner (don't know if I'd go as far as gun lover), but I agree with you. The guns should be kept away from the people/kids who don't own them.

UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

It's called personal responsibility, and you seem to one of few who see that.

Quoting kjoarcik:

I'm a gun owner (don't know if I'd go as far as gun lover), but I agree with you. The guns should be kept away from the people/kids who don't own them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Bump
kjoarcik
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:21 PM

If someone went on a shooting spree or even just killed one person with my gun, I'd feel horrible. And yes, I'd feel completely responsible.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Quoting kjoarcik:

UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Same here.

Quoting kjoarcik:

If someone went on a shooting spree or even just killed one person with my gun, I'd feel horrible. And yes, I'd feel completely responsible.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Quoting kjoarcik:

Bird16_J
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM
5 moms liked this

How funny. I own multiple guns (and my husband is also military) and nobody but he or I have EVER touched them or used them. Not EVERY gun owner out there gives their child a gun pats them on the head and says, Now Johnny go shoot up as MANY people as you can! The boy that did that shooting was 20 he was an adult. Sure maybe mom should've had guns locked up with a finger print lock but if he didn't get them from her he would've gotten them from someone else. Legal OR illegally! I personally am a responsible gun owner most of my friends are responsible gun owners (the ones that own guns anyways lol) not EVERY person out there is some gun toting psycho. Before they start cracking down on guns again, why don't they look at the mentally ill and start actually taking care of them instead of blaming guns?! There's a picture I laugh at EVERY time I see it and it says If guns kill people how do people get out of gun shows alive? Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Just like they could kill with a hammer, a car, a pencil, or a wrench. ANYTHING in the hands of someone who wants to do harm is a weapon! If you start having the government control guns even more, it's going to start slowly taking over your life and telling you what to do when to do it and how to do it and personally I enjoy making my own decisions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)