Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help quick!!! im being out smarted by dough!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Im cooking ignorant and want to make some christmas tree cookies. I've got the dough and cutters ready but can't figure out how to go about making trees lol. I thought id cut the shape from the dough and bake the shape but the second I try to pick the shape up, it crumbles. I thought id just bake a sheet and cut after its baked but isn't that a huge waste of dough? I have got to be missing something here. There is no way cookies are this hard!

Sorry, its pre made pilsbury dough. And by crumble I meant smush and lose shape when I go to pick it up. I've tried putting a bunch or flour down so it doesn't stuck to what the pan im cutting them on and using a spatula... : /
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Hmm, did you make homemade dough? It sounds like there might be too much flour in it - maybe try adding some milk/water/cream to it?

Good luck - sugar cookies kick my ass sometimes, lol.

MommyKir
by Kay on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Did you follow your recipe correctly it sounds like your dough is too dry, and try wax paper under it, then remove the excess and lay the cookie sheet over top wrap the edges of the wax paper over the edges of the cookie sheet and flip right side up quickly. good luck

mariesmama
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

i dunno santas getting chocolate chip cookies here

ajnmadismommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I agree sounds like you have too much flour mixed in it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Its store bought pre made dough. When I say crumble I mean, I can't pick it up without smushing it all up. Sorry that probably makes way more sense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM
too much flour! add a little bit of water? idk ive never made cut out cookies before lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
oh you cant do cut outs from store bought stuff lol
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:10 PM

You need a nice flat spatula. After you cut out your shapes and pull the extra dough carefully away, use a spatula to lift each dough shape onto your cookie sheet (make sure the cookie sheet is thoroughly greased so they don't stick).

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm thinking:

-to much flour (when it says a cup, use the dry measure and fill it to the rim, do NOT over fill/over flow it.)

-ungreased cookie sheet/issues with cookie sheet (use parchment paper. its anti stick and melt. does wonders)

-over cooking the cookies

and just a question, how EXACTLY were you planning on cutting shapes from a huge solid mass of dough?

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Is the dough maybe rolled too thin?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)