Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kirby vacuum cleaner!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Have any of you worked for kirby going door to door? What was your experience like? How long did you do it? If not, have you experienced an in home presentation of a Kirby? What was your experience like?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I let them come about once a year just to get my rug and car shampooed. But I'm not paying $3k for a vacuum

mommy2nicky07
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I had one come to my house a few weeks ago. He cleaned every rug in my house but I can't justify spending over $3k on a vacuum cleaner.

My3beautys
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM
I had them come in and felt like they where to pushy and I'd never by there vaccume my dyson works just fine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TommyAbby
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Holy cow?!?!? 3K for one of those.. We have had ours for about a decade now.. it was only 1K at the time. .

wymama610
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I have a couple Kirby's, but I got one refurbished from a Kirby dealer for $100, and the other is a Sentria I bought at a pawn shop for $75 so I wouldn't have to carry the heavy fuckers up and down my stairs.  I think I'm going to go ahead and pawn them both soon and just buy a Dyson.  I don't think they work any better than any other vac, and I'm sick of buying the bags.

JavaLadybug2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Yes, and Yes. 

I didn't make much money. And that was 5+ years ago in a far better economy.

No one I know has 1600+ dollars to spend on a vaccume.. EVEN IF IT IS THE BEST..

And yes.. It really is the best vaccume

It can steam clean, it can vaccume, it cleans furniture and bedding.. It can also do several other things.. Works great and has a lifetime warrenty!

nathansmommy331
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM
DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!!! It is a rip off, you pay for gas, walk around all day sometimes alone in strangers houses, & if you don't do demos to their liking even if you sell a vaccum, you won't get paid for it. Do not waste your time or own money. The vaccum itself is not bad but you can get a cheap one that's just as good. Not to mention other items like bags, cleaner tend to cost more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JavaLadybug2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Quoting nathansmommy331:

DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!!! It is a rip off, you pay for gas, walk around all day sometimes alone in strangers houses, & if you don't do demos to their liking even if you sell a vaccum, you won't get paid for it. Do not waste your time or own money. The vaccum itself is not bad but you can get a cheap one that's just as good. Not to mention other items like bags, cleaner tend to cost more.

When I worked for them I didn't have to pay for gas. I didn't have to do any driving at all. A van would pick up abunch of us for a day of sales and we would go to a town and be set out for a 6 hour time span. We would go door to door and meet at a specific time and be picked up.. 

And when I sold kirby's I always told them that I could throw in a free year of bags.. Which I did.. And I also told them that the bags could be emptied.. and demonstrated how to do that..

:)

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM

My ex husband did shots of jager and smoked pot with the guy that did our Kirby presentation. I thought it was really unprofessional and irresponsible. 

We got the Kirby and got my parents to got one too. 

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Yes. It was terrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)