• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i know its for their own safety

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM
  • 18 Replies
My kids school has gotten so strict with drop off and pick up. we used to be able to walk our kids to class in the mornings. in the afternoons i would wait in the cafeteria for the kids to come out. i would chat with other. parents and teachers. i would talk to the principal about upcoming events. i love the teachers and staff.

after what happened friday we are no longer allowed inside the school. We have to wait across from the pickup area if we are walking.

i know its for the safety of the kids but after five years of the same routine its hard for me. it makes me scared for my kids. im glad they are doing this to protect the kids but its hard on me. I spoke to the principal this afyernoon and it put me more at ease.

what are some of the changes, if any at your kids school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Didnt notice any today

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM

That's funny because my sister was telling me today she had a conference at the school. She was expecting Ft. Knox instead she walked right in, no one said anything and she went right to the classroom. *sigh*

MommyKir
by Kay on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

well honestly would you rather it this way or before where any random person could walk into the school?

sadeyez11
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Like i said im glad they made these changes im just sad they had to be made. It hurts and no joke i cried because these changes were made with no notice and my kids were freaked out monday looking for me since i wasnt where i normally am.

for the past five years i have done the same thing every single day so this change is something big. for others that would pick up their kids in the pick up area nothing has changed. also from now on there will be an armed police officer on campus at all times.

Quoting MommyKir:

well honestly would you rather it this way or before where any random person could walk into the school?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadeyez11
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Its never bern like that here. we have always been met by the receptionist or soneone else when coming in the school during the day

Quoting Anonymous:

That's funny because my sister was telling me today she had a conference at the school. She was expecting Ft. Knox instead she walked right in, no one said anything and she went right to the classroom. *sigh*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM
They have a couple more teachers out now during pickup and drop off times.
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Fri was our last day till Jan 2. Im anxious to see what changes get implemented at our school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyKir
by Kay on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Yes I can see where it upsets you, years of routine just suddenly changed. But thankfully the changes were made for the betterment of security for the children and not just to block out the parents. I think I would be sad too though.

Quoting sadeyez11:

Like i said im glad they made these changes im just sad they had to be made. It hurts and no joke i cried because these changes were made with no notice and my kids were freaked out monday looking for me since i wasnt where i normally am.

for the past five years i have done the same thing every single day so this change is something big. for others that would pick up their kids in the pick up area nothing has changed. also from now on there will be an armed police officer on campus at all times.

Quoting MommyKir:

UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I appreciate all security measures.

Pnukey
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM

This morning, I had to drop something breakable off with DS's 2nd grade teacher. A new teacher asked me if I had a pass. That never happened before! Most of the teachers recognize me by now, our 5th year at that school. I was glad she asked though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)