Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

open mic night with kids..?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

how weird would it be, if i took my son (7) to an open night mic event with me? its during the business hours (7-8:30). its held at the store (Sam Ash Music).

this would be my first time going, ever, to an 'open mic' and i dont know what the 'rules' are.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Kitschy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

It's a Sam Ash thing and not that much like a real open mic. He'll be fine. He'll probably love it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM

lol what is a sam ash thing? like what could i look forward to? (i hate situations where i'm not sure what'll happen). this is my first ever so yay. =) lol i'm excited-- i love music and apparently, it took 10 years for me to go to the next city over (just 20 minutes) and find this place lol

Quoting Kitschy:

It's a Sam Ash thing and not that much like a real open mic. He'll be fine. He'll probably love it.

Kitschy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I just mean that it won't be as crowded as an open mic, there won't be alcohol, and you won't have to sit around until midnight waiting to go on. The Sam Ash by me does it to try and get singer songwriters to shop there. By me you have to only preform originals and they give out a 10$ gift card to whoever they deem the winner.

I think it's a test market thing for the stores though, so it may not be the same rules for all Sam Ash's. I worked at Sam Ash for a while.

I can't tell you too much of what to expect because I haven't actually been to one of their open mic events. My husband works for Guitar Center. If I went to a SAm Ash, I'd be in trouble. lol

I'm sure it will be pretty tame though, and your kid will have a great time.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol what is a sam ash thing? like what could i look forward to? (i hate situations where i'm not sure what'll happen). this is my first ever so yay. =) lol i'm excited-- i love music and apparently, it took 10 years for me to go to the next city over (just 20 minutes) and find this place lol

Quoting Kitschy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)