Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bah, humbug!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Christmas lost it's magic when my parents got divorced and I moved out on my own. All this unnecessary stress about what to get people and then being broke after buying gifts...having to deal with relatives that you wish you didn't even know/have, spending money to travel and decorate...I could go on and on. It's not worth all the stress in my eyes. I understand doing it for the kids but I personally don't want any gifts and don't want to waste my money on things for other people when they just use the gifts for a little while and then toss them aside - which seems to happen more often than I like to even think about. My family & friends do enough for me throughout the year, I don't need a special day where they shower me with gifts, too. I realize not everyone feels the same and that for some people Christmas is the greatest and I'm ok with that so keep your snarky comments to yourself. I'm just stating how I feel. My boyfriend hates that I'm this way and says I'm being "negative" but I like to think it's more like being sensible. *shrug* Yeah, I guess I'm a scrooge.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM
I must be the only one. Lol.
Emmie8750
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM
No, you're not the only one. I feel the same way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shudderette
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Christmas gives me something to look forward to. Memories of good times when I was younger and creating new memories for my kids.

Some years I feel the same way you do but this year i'm happy it's christmastime.
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM

im sorry hun  :(

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I'm sorry. That's a little sad to me. 8( I hope you have a Merry Christmas...even if it is against your will. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks!....I think. Hahaha. :) Merry Christmas to you as well.

Quoting mem82:

I'm sorry. That's a little sad to me. 8( I hope you have a Merry Christmas...even if it is against your will. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Ah! So I'm NOT alone! Yay!

Quoting Emmie8750:

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Well..people that "go broke" buying gifts either need to cut back or not buy gifts at all.  I dont buy gifts for the sake of buying them. Or for them to be tossed aside and forgotten. I buy things people need or ask for.

Emmie8750
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
If it weren't for my daughter, I wouldn't celebrate it. I think next year, I'm going to pack up my daughter & boyfriend and go south for Christmas & be done with it. No decorating, no extended family, no presents!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ah! So I'm NOT alone! Yay!

Quoting Emmie8750:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)