Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BF and I were married and ex would sign over his rights. Then BF would qualify for FMLA and could get time off work to spend here with me and DD. 

He JUST got a new job, so it's a bit early to be requesting time off. DD was just declared to be in the early stages of the dying process. BF called me crying, saying if he hadn't gotten the job he would be up here with me right now. 

I feel so bad for him right now. He loves DD as if she was his own, and not being able to be here with her and I has been so hard on him. I hope his boss is understanding and gives him some time off. 

Ugh...

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
Ashley_Carlson
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

When BF gets here, I'll give him one kiss for every reply I get to make him feel better about not being here right now.

TattoodMommy19
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Im pretty damn shocked at the Pp questioning you like that at such a hard time in your life.
Your feelings are yours alone and you have your reasons, and you would think in this case women could respect that and leave it be.

I'll be honest, I avoid your posts because I cry for you and that little girl every time I read one. Our daughters are only 2 months apart. I can not even begin to imagine the depth of your pain and your strength.

I am so sorry your bf cannot be there for you both.
(((Hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM

That really sucks.  I'm so sorry. 

Ashley_Carlson
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't let her get to me. She asks a question, I answer. Hopefully BF's boss will be understanding and give him some time off.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Im pretty damn shocked at the Pp questioning you like that at such a hard time in your life.
Your feelings are yours alone and you have your reasons, and you would think in this case women could respect that and leave it be.

I'll be honest, I avoid your posts because I cry for you and that little girl every time I read one. Our daughters are only 2 months apart. I can not even begin to imagine the depth of your pain and your strength.

(((Hugs)))

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM

That sux. Honestly tho, there wouldn't be time for an adoption. From what I read of your other post, she has maybe a month right?

Maybe his boss will have some compassion if he goes to him with and is honest about all that is going on.

You and your family are in my prayers 

MommaRoseT
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your daughter. How old is she?
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't ask the questions to be a bitch.

I just think it's a hard time for both her and her daughter's father, I remember a post from the very beginning, whereas he had a very hard time accepting and expressing his emotions & feelings. Add to that he's young, this is a lot to take on.

I know it's a difficult time, but I'm not going to sugarcoat things either, I just really think its sad that her daughter's dying & she wants her child's father to sign his rights over to her 40 year old boyfriend of 2 months.

I'm just wondering if her daughters father didn't abuse her or the baby, put his hands on them, then stick it out, & let the resentment towards him go. It's not good for any of them.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

(((Hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley_Carlson
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM

It's WAY early to be seriously thinking about marriage and all that. I was just thinking about how much easier it;d be for BF to get the needed time off if him and I were married.

Quoting wrensong:

That sux. Honestly tho, there wouldn't be time for an adoption. From what I read of your other post, she has maybe a month right?

Maybe his boss will have some compassion if he goes to him with and is honest about all that is going on.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I understand..I also know you could use his support right now...Hopefully he can get some time off to be with you and your DD

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

It's WAY early to be seriously thinking about marriage and all that. I was just thinking about how much easier it;d be for BF to get the needed time off if him and I were married.

Quoting wrensong:

Life in a Pagan Family (my blog)
http://lifeinapaganfamily.blog.com/
Ashley_Carlson
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope is all I've got right now. Hopefully it'll all work out for the best.

Quoting wrensong:

I understand..I also know you could use his support right now...Hopefully he can get some time off to be with you and your DD

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Quoting wrensong:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN