Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so who watches your kiddos while your at work or school

I keep reading posts about pa and mamas bashing people on pa and telling them to get a job or go to school, like its that damn easy, so now my question is who watches your kiddos so u can go to work/school
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
nicki1018
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I homeschool those little boogers are watched by me
ikesmommy200
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM
My dhs aunt. We still pay her but she watches them
andersongirl562
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I run an in home daycare so I do :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illinoismommy83

I am in school. I took 18 credits this semester that just ended. DH took 12 (which is the min for full time status). I am taking 19 next semester. The great thing is this is 2012, not 1980, so we have ONLINE CLASSES through local schools. Most community colleges have online classes if not online degrees.  I have yet to find a big 4 year school without online degrees. You used to have to go in for classes but now you can do them at 3 am in your living room AND STILL GRADUATE FROM A GOOD LOCAL SCHOOL. Even public speaking is now online.

Last semester I had 4 total campus visits for exams. This next semester I already spoke to my instructor and I have 6 on campus visits required. So yes, somehow I can magically come up with childcare for 2-3 hours on 6 different days over 16 weeks.

And with pell grants community college is totally covered for most low income adults... 

boldrumble
My mom is here for an hr and a half, then i come home so she can go to work, then 2 hrs later, i take my kid to school and head to work to finish my day.
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:43 PM

When I'm at school, my husband, he is off work by then, right now I'm on maternity leave, when I go back my son will go to his sitters, she is the same person who babysat my other son before he reached school age and is also my boss. I work in a diner as a waitress, the owner of the diner lives in an apartment above the diner, she babysits there and in return, I babysit her daughter for an equal amount of time, so our childcare is free. 

1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:43 PM
We have a wonderful caregiver. She has an in home daycare. She is a certified early childhood teacher plus is trained as a midwife(that's always a plus, I guess;)
She has 4 four year olds(2 of them my girl's and 1 her own dd) and teaches them pre k a couple days a week. She is wonderful. She may not be a relative but she's like a member of my family.
tleedavis
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I work full time from 8am to 4pm. Hubby works 4pm to midnight. we both work for the same company. We have 2 in school during the day and 1 that isnt quiet old enough. So it is always one of us that is watching our kids.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM

my DH would watch the kids or my MIL or my Aunt, or we have a sitter that we use...

Love060708kids
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I go to school online, so I'm always here with my kids...I'm the one who watches them, i'm the one who takes the older three to and from school.  I do it all.

We aren't on any PA.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN