Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so who watches your kiddos while your at work or school

I keep reading posts about pa and mamas bashing people on pa and telling them to get a job or go to school, like its that damn easy, so now my question is who watches your kiddos so u can go to work/school
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Me neither...except my lazy BIL. My sister reccomended him to us. I told my husband we might as well shut ds in his room and have someone come drop some food off once a day. It'd be just as safe...

Quoting msfila1980:

me too. we dont have any family or good friends that I can have watch her while we are at work

Quoting Anonymous:

Daycare. I'm really surprised there aren't more kids on here in daycare...

fraujones
by Mommytron on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM
My mom. I am lucky.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I work nights and DH works days. 

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM
He goes to preschool. I work full time.
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM
She stays with her day while I work and me while he does. I work nights to avoid daycare costs.
-KC-
by Honesty on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM
We pay my SIL.
FL2AK
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM
When they were younger they went to daycare. They are all in school now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM

S/O works overnights Sunday-Thursday and then his hours vary at his 2nd job. I work M-F from 3-6pm. They are usually home with their dad.

Babujai
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:08 PM
I don't know if it's typical or not. Of the daycares I've looked into, if they accept school age children they either have a van service or they're willing to be the pick up point for the district school bus.

Quoting msfila1980:

is that typical for daycares/preschools to do that? mine dd will be 4 next year so I havent looked into that yet but thats great that they offer that

Quoting Babujai:

I take them to daycare in the morning, then the daycare van takes them to school and picks them up in the afternoon. I pick them up from daycare in the evening.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM
My best friend, or my neighbor, whom my son loves beyond description. Unfortunately, my neighbor was recently diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer, and will be starting chemo sometime in the next 3 weeks and radiation about 4 weeks after the chemo starts. So I'm going to TRY day care this term.:(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)