Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She is insisting

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
My neighbor is insisting on taking me to the store to get my kids one present each. It really means a lot to me. She knew I had an unexpected trip out of state for my daughter. She knew I had to use my rent money for that. She knew I then had to scrounge up rent money and so now I'm playing catch up.
I told her I was able to get fabric to make each of my girls a blanket and that my baby wouldn't know anything. I kept trying to tell her it was okay, but she wants to get them something else from "me".
I'm grateful for her and her help. This has not been an easy year for my family.
I told my mom and she was really happy. Her best friend had to provide me Christmas one year so she understands. It just really sucks. I hate asking for help(even if I didn't ask) and I owe her big time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM
How awesome of her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crazygirl907
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM

That is so sweet of her, and I know accepting help can be hard. Just remember this when you're in a position to pay her back, or pay it forward. 

brittany208
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I'm sure you'll find a way to return the good deed someday in the future. If not to her, then to pay it forward to someone else someday when you can.

crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM

But if she's offering it just accept and be thankful. She's showing great Christmas spirit. Hope things are easier for you from now on

Master_Debater
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Aww, and I'm sure she'd tell you the only thing you owe, is to pay it forward when you can :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
towerjunkie1989
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM
It really is. She's low income too. She just knows I'm not lying about anything. Our daughters are best friends. We walk into each others houses. Lol
I don't know how to repay her

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

How awesome of her

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Very sweet, and I'm sure she doesn't think you owe her anything.

-KC-
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:48 PM
That's nice :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ssdbpt2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:48 PM
That is really sweet of her. I've been there myself.

Maybe you can make her a lap blanket and have all the kids use fabric paint to "sign" it with a handprint for her.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
towerjunkie1989
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:48 PM
I will. I've always been one to give.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)