Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So why address a question about who pays for birth control to SAHMs?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

The post got poofed before I got an answer. I'm hoping the poster of that question will answer me. 

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
danie24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Why does anyone ask anything?

Curiousity.. to get other's opinions..

autodidact
by Snarknado on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM

are you the poster of that question? 
I didn't ask why it was asked. I'm asking why it was addressed to SAHMs.  

Quoting danie24:

danie24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM

No.

She already said it was because a friend of hers who is a SAHM felt it was her responsibility to take care of BC.. she came here to ask and see who agreed with her.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting danie24:

autodidact
by Snarknado on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM

oh. I missed it, what with CM treating us like children and pulling posts constantly. 

I think it's the business of sexually active adults who don't want children.   I was just wondering if what she was getting at was "the husband, because HE'S the one with money"  

Quoting danie24:

No.

She already said it was because a friend of hers who is a SAHM felt it was her responsibility to take care of BC.. she came here to ask and see who agreed with her.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting danie24:

danie24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I know.. what is with CM deleting posts all the time? This one was so tame.. maybe it was the OP who deleted it.

But I think if the woman is a SAHM and relies on her husband's income.. he is responsible for pay for BC. How is she suppose to pay for BC or food or anything else if she doesn't have an income?

Quoting autodidact:

oh. I missed it, what with CM treating us like children and pulling posts constantly. 

I think it's the business of sexually active adults who don't want children.   I was just wondering if what she was getting at was "the husband, because HE'S the one with money"  

Quoting danie24:

No.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting danie24:

autodidact
by Snarknado on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM

it's their money, not his. if you are legally married income is joint. 

Quoting danie24:

I know.. what is with CM deleting posts all the time? This one was so tame.. maybe it was the OP who deleted it.

But I think if the woman is a SAHM and relies on her husband's income.. he is responsible for pay for BC. How is she suppose to pay for BC or food or anything else if she doesn't have an income?

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting danie24:

No.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting danie24:

danie24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I agree. Even if they aren't married it's "their money" if they both made the decision for one of them to stay home with the kids.

I've been a SAHM for 8 years and only married for 2.5 years.. my husband's income has always been both of ours. I've never had to ask for money and have never felt like it was his and not mine.

Quoting autodidact:

it's their money, not his. if you are legally married income is joint. 

Quoting danie24:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting danie24:

No.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting danie24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)