Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today i got to choose my kids gift from toys for tots. Edit is 8 really to old for a Tag sysytem?....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 135 Replies
4 moms liked this
My kids were signed up for TFt and today was our pickup day. I got to go into a big room filled with toys and chose the following: DD 5 got a baby alive doll and a monsterhigh kit with a purse and nailpolish. DD 8 got a tag reading system with a book and a cupcake doll. DS 10 got a large remote control monster truck and Legos...DS 12 got a pack of beyblades and a beyblades stadium...DD 14 got a curling Iron and a perfume set. Then we also got a family board game to share and best of all a big ham and sides to with it for a xmas dinner. I think my kids will be pretty happy. EDIT: so I thought my 8 year old would really enjoy a tag reading system she is dyslexic and like to hear and see the story when reading. But I have read several comments saying she is to old for it....now I'm not sure what to think :( I really thought it would be a great gift.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Bump
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Congratulations!

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Awesome. I'm so happy for you. Thank goodness for the love and generosity of others.

mommytobeyippee
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome, I hope they enjoy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
madisonsma08
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats awesome! I am so glad we have programs available for families when they need them! It's never fair for kids to be punished by a bad economy! I just lost my job of almost 5 years yesterday with absolutely no notice! They decided to close the doors with both warning. Its scary trying to raise a family in times like these!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
That's awesome. I always wondered how they distributed the gifts...
Mamasgirl524
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Congrats! Enjoy and merry xmas. That's a lot of kids!
jojo827
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Awesome! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Congrats. Must be nice. My kids have nothing yet. But Im honestly glad your kids will have a gift.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM
It is very scary...I used to have a very good paying job and now I have a job that pays so so :/

Quoting madisonsma08:

Thats awesome! I am so glad we have programs available for families when they need them! It's never fair for kids to be punished by a bad economy! I just lost my job of almost 5 years yesterday with absolutely no notice! They decided to close the doors with both warning. Its scary trying to raise a family in times like these!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)