Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you buy your kids teacher a gift for Christmas?Why or why not?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have 4 kids.I bought their teachers a gift.Nothing expensive.Just a little something to show appreciation.How about you?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Gift cards for all four teachers and the bus driver.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

CalicoMeezer
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM
We put together a nice little gift for my dd's kinder teacher--an A&M mug, Reese's minis, and a little resin figurine of a little girl with Scripture on it (she's Christian--we didn't presume).

In addition, we got the principal and asst principal small wooden plaques with holiday pictures on them (we bought them last year on post-Christmas clearance as extra "as-needed" gifts).

We made cookies and candies over the weekend with family, so I was able to make up little goody bags of fudge to give the librarian, computer teacher, secretary, school nurse, partner class teacher, and school counselor. We also made up a tray of cookies for the teacher workroom. I'm a PTA officer so I work with the teachers and staff all the time and have gotten to know them.

It sounds very extravagant, but since most was purchased on sale or clearance (except the food), and I used clear plastic goody bags left over from her birthday party last month, it cost less than $30 total and not all at once.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mweddle
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I got both my kids teachers a gift and my dd's teacher last year.  (we LOVE her and we hae become friends)  It was very small but I hope they liked it.  :( 

msmom29
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:37 PM
I got her two nursery school teachers a Christmas mug with coco and I got her in home nursery school teacher( she comes bc we didn't qualify for free headstart made to much money) she got a mug with flavored coffee and making them all brownies or fudge haven't decided yet.
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I got his teacher and bus driver a nice bath and body works gift set. The school had sent home a letter about kids buying the teacher gifts of things they need for the classroom(tissues,white board markers ect) but that's not what they want its what they need so ill just send him with a box of tissues too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)