• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So annoyed with DH....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My DHs cousin started a new job around where we live. He asked if it would be okay to stay for a week or two while he found a place to stay around here. DH and I talked and I told him a MAX of 2 weeks, we're in an apartment waiting for our house to be finished and things are tight enough as is with DH, SD and myself.

Tonight is the second time his cousin has asked to borrow some money. The first time was 100$ and now he needs another 50$. I was not okay with this, he makes more than enough money but apparently his wife spends it just as fast... Not my problem. He's been staying here for free, eating food for free (didn't even offer to pitch in a bit for groceries) and now wants more money? I said no and now DH is annoyed with me. I told him if he needed the cash so bad he would talk to his wife about her spending or quit smoking. Now I'm the bad guy. Am I wrong for feeling this way?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Sounds like you've got a leech. Burn him off!
UgtaBkdnMe
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM

He's an ass. He should have plenty of extra money. I wouldn't give him a dime.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM

there is nothing you can do... yes its "your" money, but if DH is the one who is giving it to him out of his paycheck, then suck it up.

if you were the breadwinner and it was taken from your paycheck, i would be pissed.

i dont agree with what he is doing but it is his money.

to make a long story short. when i worked i would give my brother money, once i stopped working it was NO longer mine to give, even though the money was ours. 

TheMrs407
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM
I don't blame you. Unless he is a trustworthy person (and by your frustration it doesn't sound like he is) I don't blame you for feeling like he is using your kindness and hospitality.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM
o.0

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

there is nothing you can do... yes its "your" money, but if DH is the one who is giving it to him out of his paycheck, then suck it up.

if you were the breadwinner and it was taken from your paycheck, i would be pissed.

i dont agree with what he is doing but it is his money.

to make a long story short. when i worked i would give my brother money, once i stopped working it was NO longer mine to give, even though the money was ours. 

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I would be mad too. mooch.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
piratehooker
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

i was in this situation for TWO YEARS with my MIL and sister in law.  it sucks ass.  Get him out now and don't give him anymore money.

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

No, you are not wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)