• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

but we dont NEED help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
We took our kids to see Santa, and I was chatting with a friend about everything we got the kids. She used a school program and got some really great gifts! I was so happy fir them! They have had a hard year. While I am not able to buy a bunch of expensive toys my kids will have PLENTY. More them smores and less then some. (5 gifts each so 15 fir a total of 70 and change!) I got great stuff on sale! And am proud of what I was able to get them! She teased me about not getting help. I told her although we did qulify we didn't NEED it! I don't wanna take gifts that could have been some child's ONLY gift!
Well the lady who was taking the pictures over heard and as I was taking pictures (not buying LOL) she asked me for my basic info. I thought nothing of it. Number kids names ages my name. No biggie. Well I just got a call from Her, she bought my kids gifts and clothes and told me I could pick them up at the mall security center!

I'm kinds torn what would you do! I thank her a million times I'm greatful but I don't feel we needed the help!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

pick them up and donate them if you really dont want them... easy.. say thank you and be done.  no need to be rude about it, and yes by saying we dont need them, blah blah blah, is being rude when someone is trying to helop you, regardless if you need it or not

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM
wow you are so fortunate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:35 PM
I would never tell a person I don't need something that they bought out of kindness. I'm so greatful she thought to be so kind!

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

pick them up and donate them if you really dont want them... easy.. say thank you and be done.  no need to be rude about it, and yes by saying we dont need them, blah blah blah, is being rude when someone is trying to helop you, regardless if you need it or not

hplesha
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:37 PM
I would go grab it and take what i could use or need then donate the rest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)