Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wah wah we won't have a Christmas wah wah

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
5 moms liked this
We bought an $8 tree off of Craigslist, used hand me down ornaments , tree skirt and are making garland out of construction paper as well as out star...I already have gifts bought and stocking done, yeah sometimes we struggle but there ARE easy ways to make it nice for your child, if I can do it so can everyone else I'm sick of seeing the "we can't afford a $30 tree, I can't afford this" there are cheap/free trees on Craigslist people get rid of bc they don't like them anymore or it's a couple years old! C'mon! search for cheap toys, Ollie's has amaaaazing bargains, Walmart does too on board games or those $5 Christmas sets they have out for Christmas, why NOW must you all whine, guess what after bills and finishing Christmas I have about $20 left til the 27th and there's nothing I need until then, I'm not rich nor am I poor but I find cheap ways to get things done for my kid!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:38 PM
That's great! more could learn from your self starting example!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Good for you. Everyones situations are different.
MamaMoopsie
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you. Not everyone is as resourceful...and sometimes $8 for other people is difference between a gallon of milk and your baby having NOTHING to drink besides tap water. And sometimes people just don't know better. I'm not saying that people can't find other ways to make Christmas special, but why are you so angry over it? It's their life.

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I like your post OP. and I agree with this as well.

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

Good for you. Not everyone is as resourceful...and sometimes $8 for other people is difference between a gallon of milk and your baby having NOTHING to drink besides tap water. And sometimes people just don't know better. I'm not saying that people can't find other ways to make Christmas special, but why are you so angry over it? It's their life.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Good for you
two4one
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Maybe people don't have the extra $ to spend on a gift because they have to feed their kids, or pay their bills, or put gas in their car. You are being prettty bitchy about something that doesn't directly affect you.

sunshinebebe26
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

where there is a will there is a way ...

hplesha
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM
One year we moved on Christmas eve. We didn't have a tree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this

While I do agree, some people do get hit with things unexpectidely. Like car broke down and needed to be fixed or pipes burst in the house, ect. We don't have a ton extra but have always found a way to make Christmas special, mostly because I am a bargain hunter and know prices well.

Not every situation do people have the ability to plan ahead with the very little they had and something that happened to off set the cost.

I don't see why people complain so bad over it. Kids will get over it. We almost went without one Christmas, my mom straight up told us that she had no money. We were in 2nd and 5th grade and totally understood. Somehow the people at her work decided to throw together a donation and we each got some great gifts. Kids don't NEED Christmas to be happy. If they do then you're doing something wrong raising them.

Barronbaby
by Brandi on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:44 PM
last year we had a family dollar christmas... it was all we could afford... this year i shopped ahead of time... so that today all i had to get was the last gift for each of my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)