• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Go ahead and try little b******!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM
  • 73 Replies
11 moms liked this
I just received an automatic call from DD's middle school telling me that a child threatened to bring a gun to school on Friday and shoot everyone because the world is going to end anyway.

I swear, we're raising a bunch of disturbed and entitled brats! Giving participant trophies, not keeping score, giving everyone a place on the team, abolishing F's and allowing kids to do work over and over. Then, when the REAL world doesn't give them their way, they snap and take it out on everyone else.

It's going to take a lot more than tougher gun laws to fix what's going on. I don't have all the answers, but I know there is more than one step to fixing this. I'm tired of hearing about all these shootings, innocent lives lost because someone didn't get enough attention or the team position they wanted or a girlfriend.

GAH! I'M VENTING I'M SCARED I'M SADDENED. Just needed to let it out!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DannieLou
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Bump
meka26
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:52 PM

SMH, what the hell are people teaching their kids?!?!

sadiebug1228
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Wow. Is the school closing for the day? We had a bomb threat at my high school once and the school was closed for like 2 weeks lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:53 PM

how scary

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Well this generation is not raising future adults it's just breeding animals, so that is what we have to treat them like, animals!  Assume any one of them can snap and, "turn".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I have already made the decision to keep my daughters home from school Friday.  I am to afraid of some sicko going in because of this very thought.

DannieLou
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:57 PM
No idea!

Quoting meka26:

SMH, what the hell are people teaching their kids?!?!

DannieLou
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:58 PM
For now, it's still open.

Quoting sadiebug1228:

Wow. Is the school closing for the day? We had a bomb threat at my high school once and the school was closed for like 2 weeks lol
DannieLou
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:59 PM
We should be realistic, but to live in constant fear is just BS! Ugh

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Well this generation is not raising future adults it's just breeding animals, so that is what we have to treat them like, animals!  Assume any one of them can snap and, "turn".

DannieLou
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Ya, DD isn't going!

Quoting Anonymous:

I have already made the decision to keep my daughters home from school Friday.  I am to afraid of some sicko going in because of this very thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)