Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is such a hard time of year for me...it's embarrassing :-(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
I have emetophobia...I am TERRIFIED of my kids/me/seeing/hearing anyone throw up. I've been this way for many years. I do know that it was triggered by an experience I had at age 5, but no therapy has ever helped. I've developed OCD (germ related) as a result.

I'm also a teacher. After 11years at the high school level, I now teach 2nd grade. Kids are getting sick by the dozen.

Well..anyone and everyone I know has the stomach virus. You would never even begin to imagine how this impacts every single aspect of my life. I live in constant fear...and now...I torture myself just waiting and waiting until it hits my kids.

The guilt I feel as a mother and teacher is unbearable...I can't care for my kids when they need me the most. (thank God my husband is a wonderfully nurturing father)

And as luck would have it, my youngest is crying with a stomach ache and has diarrhea. So I'll make myself sick wondering/worrying about her throwing up....then worrying about my son catching it, and it goes on and one..

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)