Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I a bad mother?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Sometimes I feel like a monster. I feel like a bad mom. I've been on an anti-depressant and anti-anxiety for a little over a month, but the past couple of days seems like it's stopped working. I feel like I'm falling apart.

Today I yelled at my oldest child and told him to quit acting like a damn brat. The sound of him screaming just sets me off. I think I'm starting to resent him. Then my newborn started screaming and crying. I couldn't make her stop. Dh walked into the room and I just screamed at him to get her away from me. I'm going anon for obvious reasons.

My kids deserve so much better than me.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:36 PM

:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:36 PM
I think you sound overwhelmed. I would talk to the psychiatrist about a possible med change., I struggle with depression. I'm medicated and doing, a lot better now. Good luck
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:37 PM
:( you are not a bad mom but you need to see your Dr again it sounds like. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-KC-
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM
U need time to urself....Plan a day and tell DH its neccissary.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I think I am, too. I'm a SAHM, so I'm always with my kids. My insurance ends this month, and I'm freaking out about what I'm going to do about my meds. I've only been taking half the dose I was prescribed so that I can stretch them out. It was working fine a until a couple of days ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you sound overwhelmed. I would talk to the psychiatrist about a possible med change., I struggle with depression. I'm medicated and doing, a lot better now. Good luck

_diva_
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Could also be some post partum depression.. Maybe?? I think it's also called baby blues.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Thank you.

Quoting proudmommy690:

:( you are not a bad mom but you need to see your Dr again it sounds like. Hugs.

stephiebugg
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:42 PM

You can't expect half a dose to be enough. Your doc prescribed the dosage as it was for a reason. It takes a few days for your body to adjust to messing with your dose, which is why it was fine until a couple of days ago. Please consider taking the whole dose and calling your doctor to see if there is a low-cost alternative or clinic that can help with the cost. You are important. You gotta take care of yourself.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I am, too. I'm a SAHM, so I'm always with my kids. My insurance ends this month, and I'm freaking out about what I'm going to do about my meds. I've only been taking half the dose I was prescribed so that I can stretch them out. It was working fine a until a couple of days ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I was diagnosed with PPD and severe anxiety when dd was 5 weeks old. It was really bad to the point where I started hallucinating from the anxiety. It hasn't gotten like that since I started the meds, but I'm so scared it's going to start up again.

Quoting _diva_:

Could also be some post partum depression.. Maybe?? I think it's also called baby blues.

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I have both depression and anxiety and no meds its hard as hell :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you.

Quoting proudmommy690:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)