• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

back to charity christmas gifts

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:47 PM
  • 27 Replies

so we had the convo about if you use charity when you dont really NEED it for christmas, well this came up on my fb feed about a local charity angel tree thoughts? was the donor being an ass or is the mom being an ass?

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/local/woman-says-angel-tree-gifts-fell-short/article_581cf814-4974-11e2-884f-0019bb30f31a.html

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:52 PM
I think my feelings would be hurt if I had signed up for help, which takes a lot in itself to do......and ended up with Happy Meal toys for my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I think the donor was an ass on that! Mcdonalds toys! C'Mon and 1 shirt pathetic, I think the mom seemed happy to have anything at all but was justified in feeling crestfallen. And if a donor can't afford to get something besides happy meal toys and a shirt they shouldn't adopt a family. Maybe they should have just put one toy in a toys for toys box.
brittany208
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Yeah, that was really crappy of the donor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I think the donor was an ass on that! Mcdonalds toys! C'Mon and 1 shirt pathetic, I think the mom seemed happy to have anything at all but was justified in feeling crestfallen. And if a donor can't afford to get something besides happy meal toys and a shirt they shouldn't adopt a family. Maybe they should have just put one toy in a toys for toys box.

I agree with this If you cant afford to donate.Dont donate.I would feel terrible to do this to a family who couldnt get gifts for their kids.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I think that there is a time when one should realize that

Maybe the angel tree is outside of their means this year and let someone else do the giving. I wouldn't be unappreciative, because it was more than I could provide. But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be disappointed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommie2twogirls
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:57 PM

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Monica_Brown_4447366/  it gets better this was posted in the comments on the story.... change your opinion at all? this is the same angel tree that has helped my family in the past and this year we were going to donate until we got the 5 yr olds wish list with nothing more then a DS on it, i emailed back and said i couldnt do it

mommie2twogirls
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM

crap that didnt link sorry if someone could fix that for me :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally think that if you can't fulfill the wishes on the card then you shouldn't take the tag. Just donate what you are going to to a charity instead.  I highly doubt that any family asked for mcd toys. So in this case I am on the mothers side.

The Salvation Army should double check the donations that are brought in with the card. 

And just for the record I have never used angel tree or any other charity. But I do donate when I have extra. I look over the cards and take it only if I can get what is wished for.  To do otherwise is just wrong.

mommie2twogirls
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM

i think both the donor and the mom were asses honestly, she cant afford christmas for her kids because she has been ot assulting pregnant women and getting arrested (not sre if you saw the second link i posted in the replies) she sure wasnt worried about her kids let alone their christmas when she was out getting arrested

Quoting Anonymous:

I personally think that if you can't fulfill the wishes on the card then you shouldn't take the tag. Just donate what you are going to to a charity instead.  I highly doubt that any family asked for mcd toys. So in this case I am on the mothers side.

The Salvation Army should double check the donations that are brought in with the card. 

And just for the record I have never used angel tree or any other charity. But I do donate when I have extra. I look over the cards and take it only if I can get what is wished for.  To do otherwise is just wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe mommy geting a job would have put a smile on her kids face christmas mornimg
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)