Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Survivors of abuse

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

Did any of your abusers acknowledge what they did? Did they apologize?

I'm curious because two out of four of my abusers have the chance to do so, but prefers to tell people I'm lying. One of my abusers acknowledged and apologized to me about 20 years ago, and we ended up having a good parent child relationship before he died. The fourth one has been dead for a long time. Another one, yes a fifth one, went to prison for what he did, just not what he attempted to do to me. I manage to get away from him before he could do more then what he already did.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Nope, he thinks he did nothing wrong
aniters
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:49 PM
nope. I see him at family gatherings and he never apologized.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la-cosa-nostra
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Nope, my ex told everyone I made it all up. He still says it and people believe him :( even after he was found guilty in court
iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Nope. Not that it would really make much of a difference. You can't undo hurt just by saying 'sorry' 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM
One half way did.
But I don't need an apology, I learned & grew and those things are in my past.
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:55 PM
he acknowledge he did wrong and did not treat me how i should have been treated. he however has never said sorry. We have a dd together and he is meeting her for the first time next week she is 6 now. im freaking out and made sure it was in a VERY public place to avoid any sudden outbursts even though he swears he has changed. dh is also going with to punch him in the face if he does anything stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:57 PM

He apologized but ended up abusing his current S/O. So I don't think he learned from his actions and probably would still be abusive to me if we were still together.

I noticed that you have encountered other relationships enduring the same thing...what do you think is the cause of you getting with abusers. I was told that it could be a cycle and that is why I stayed single for a long time until I could heal from what I endured in my abusive marriage. Now I have met someone truly awesome...no form of abuse whatsoever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:57 PM

No, they never apologized. In fact they deny it completely. One continued to play the guilt card and act like he was innocent of everything until I cut him off. The other, after realizing the guilt card does not work on me any longer, they turned it around to everyone but them is lying and convinced people of this.

happygirls
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Nope and I doubt it'll ever happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM
My ex was abusive but no, never apologized. He was much bigger and would just tell me if he really wanted to hurt me I'd be dead. Well, he apologized when he was trying to get me back, but it was never sincere.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)