Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really? The solution to keeping our kids safe from guns is to add more?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Do you really want former military watching over your kids with weapons? What if someone has PTSD and goes nuts? Now they have a school FULL of small children and teachers, and a weapon with bullets in it. Ummmm... Yeah.....

I once had a teacher who had PTSD in high school. He was a teacher and not a security guard and thank GOD for that. Someone was protesting the flag one morning, (and in our school you did not HAVE to stand for the pledge), this guy went nuts, grabbed the kid by his NECK and started calling him a commie, telling him he was going to get his gun and shoot him in the F----ing face, screaming suddenly that he was going to have him put in Guantonimo bay and than he would tell him EVERYTHING.

I and a few other students ran out of there to the office, scared shitless while another boy tried to calm and talk to the teacher but he didn't even NOTICE him.

Yeah. This is a fucking brilliant idea. Imagine, if that teacher had a WEAPON!

I wish you all good luck. If we do this, my kids are ALL going to be homeschooled. I am NOT risking my most precious cargo with some man who MAY be nuts enough to lose it and start killing students. Someone unlike the guy in Conneticut, cause he has TRAINING to kill and not get caught. No way in hell.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM

BUMP

AngelRT
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I agree. I will remove my kids if teachers are allowed to carry a gun. 

Kris_PBG
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM

No way that concept is going to fly.

I don't know of a single teacher that wants a gun in their classroom...

BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Well im pretty sure they wouldnt let a mentally unstable person patrole the school halls with a gun.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I'm with you, and former military is also scary. Either way for us it will be full on homeschooling.

Quoting AngelRT:

I agree. I will remove my kids if teachers are allowed to carry a gun. 

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:01 PM
There will never be a solution.
It's sad but its true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msmoody
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:01 PM
I seriously do not see this happening.
But I will say, I feel safer with a gun protecting my child rather than a desk. *shrugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilbit04
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:02 PM
I would feel safer with them being there actually. Not every veteran has PTSD. In a few years if DH doesn't extend he will be a veteran and I would live for him to stand guard...but that's just my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Right because no former military has ever gone nuts and killed a bunch of people. Uh-hu. Like the nut who threw the puppy. Like the guy who killed an entire village of peaceful people. Like any of these former service members never get out of the military having PTSD but not having flipped YET.

Quoting BEXi:

Well im pretty sure they wouldnt let a mentally unstable person patrole the school halls with a gun.

AngelRT
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Not all teachers are sweet, trusting and use good judgement. Just look at all the teachers fucking students or losing their temper with kids. It's stupid to put a gun in their hands! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)