Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My child is being horrible!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM
  • 6 Replies
Why do they have days like this? Omg! I'm so at the end if my rope right now! One wall of his ginger bread house fell over, he freaks out. I get it, be upset, but after it was fixed, let it go! Chores were like WW3! Then homework.... May have been the apocolyps. But damn it that's not coming for three more days! Then I find out he got two citations today. One for talking and another for hitting a kid! What creature from hell has possessed my child today?

These are the times that being a single mom really sucks. I just wish my husband was here to support me and back me up. I guess that's why I'm posting this, I need to vent and not feel so damn alone right now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:01 PM
It's normal with the holidays coming up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheymann
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM

My mother always says I hit my terrible twos and never quit! lol 

Hopefully your DS won't be like that. 

I'm curious though (you don't have to answer) why isn't DH around?

Sj218
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM
He left, well kicked us out really, after 10 years of marriage. We moved in August. It's been a really rough road and one I never wanted to travel.

Quoting sheymann:

sheymann
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:14 PM

ouch. I'm sorry.

When did your son start missbehaving this much? It might have to do with him kicking you out. How old is he? 

When I was 6 my parents got a divorce and I took it really hard. My mom had to put me in therapy because I became so terrible.

Quoting Sj218:

He left, well kicked us out really, after 10 years of marriage. We moved in August. It's been a really rough road and one I never wanted to travel.

Quoting sheymann:

Sj218
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM
My son just turned 9 and his issues are totally related to the divorce/separation. This has been a long time coming and not the first time that Dad has left the family. My son idolizes his dad and yet feels totally rejected and unwanted. I'm doing the best i can, but ill never be able to make my boy whole again. I know that I have to remain firm with him and not parent out of guilt, but that is so hard. Days like this one are getting to be less and less frequent. When we first moved it was like this about 4 days/week. This is his first really bad day in about a month, so I think we're on the right track. It just doesn't make it any easier.

Quoting sheymann:

ouch. I'm sorry.

When did your son start missbehaving this much? It might have to do with him kicking you out. How old is he? 

When I was 6 my parents got a divorce and I took it really hard. My mom had to put me in therapy because I became so terrible.

Quoting Sj218:

Quoting sheymann:

sheymann
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

You're definitely going to want to look into therapy. I was Daddy's little girl. I had some problems at the beginning, but it got worse when I was 9 and my dad moved to Germany and became an asshole to us because we didn't move. My mom had me in therapy and it definitely helped tons.

I hope things get better.

Quoting Sj218:

My son just turned 9 and his issues are totally related to the divorce/separation. This has been a long time coming and not the first time that Dad has left the family. My son idolizes his dad and yet feels totally rejected and unwanted. I'm doing the best i can, but ill never be able to make my boy whole again. I know that I have to remain firm with him and not parent out of guilt, but that is so hard. Days like this one are getting to be less and less frequent. When we first moved it was like this about 4 days/week. This is his first really bad day in about a month, so I think we're on the right track. It just doesn't make it any easier.

Quoting sheymann:

ouch. I'm sorry.

Quoting Sj218:

Quoting sheymann:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)