Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I make my husband call and check in every half hour...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 9 Replies
When he has a long drive home because he get sleepy when he drives and I worry about him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM

:D Good idea. 

manda-nicole010
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I've never done every half hour... usually every town when its a long drive... or the half way point when he was commuting... which was about at the 45 min point and then he got home. I get worried about my dh on long drives to. I'm a worry wart. 

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Why not just have him call on the way home, and you stay on the line keeping him company?  My husband has a 70-90 minute commute (most nights), and that's what we do to help make the trip not seem as bad.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah when he called and told me he had to pull over and walk around I told him to call in half an hour so I know he's not dead.

Quoting manda-nicole010:

I've never done every half hour... usually every town when its a long drive... or the half way point when he was commuting... which was about at the 45 min point and then he got home. I get worried about my dh on long drives to. I'm a worry wart. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:19 PM

That's a good idea.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:21 PM
I can't stay on the phone with him for 3 hours usually its 2 or more hours depending on where he's coming from. Plus he's not supposed to be talking on the phone when Hes driving his work truck. It's hard for him to concentrate on driving and talking when he's tired.

Quoting Melissa_4:

Why not just have him call on the way home, and you stay on the line keeping him company?  My husband has a 70-90 minute commute (most nights), and that's what we do to help make the trip not seem as bad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Good to know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM
At least you keep him safe.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I hate when hes driving after working a 12 hour day! I can't imaging being a truckers wife I would go insane.

Quoting Anonymous:

At least you keep him safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)