Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have threats at your school?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

When I was a freshman in high school(I graduated in 1998), a sophmore called on a hallway payphone during a basketball game. The first time he called he said there was a bomb in the building and hung up. Then a little bit later called back and said "Uh this might be a joke." and hung up. Yeah he got caught and expelled. I think he was even put on house arrest for a while too. My yearbook from that year is one big joke! One of the polls the yearbook staff put in it was "The top 10 reason's to call in a bomb threat".

Back then this was funny. Now that I am a parent and with everything happening now, it just isn't funny. I can't believe more parents didn't complain.

So who had threats when they were in school?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM
I had quite a few threats when I was in school. Once in middle school, somebody wrote a bomb threat on a bathroom stall.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM

We had one about once a year, this was in 1998-2002. The college I go to now has at least one everyday of finals week. It is ridiculous and annoying!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM

What was done? Was it taken seriously?

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I had quite a few threats when I was in school. Once in middle school, somebody wrote a bomb threat on a bathroom stall.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Ugh! That would suck! Like the stress of finals isn't enough, you have to throw in the possibility that this could be the time someone really goes nutso.

Quoting Anonymous:

We had one about once a year, this was in 1998-2002. The college I go to now has at least one everyday of finals week. It is ridiculous and annoying!

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM
The next day at school we had our bags searched by the police and a lot of people stayed home. They had an investigation, and nobody was allowed to go to the bathroom during class for the rest of the school year. They took it very seriously. However, they never figured out who did it.

Quoting Anonymous:

What was done? Was it taken seriously?

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

Master_Debater
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:14 PM
None at mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Thats scary! I am glad they took those steps to keep you all safe.

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

The next day at school we had our bags searched by the police and a lot of people stayed home. They had an investigation, and nobody was allowed to go to the bathroom during class for the rest of the school year. They took it very seriously. However, they never figured out who did it.

Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM
We had fake.bomb threats. I graduated in 1995. We all had to evacuate the building. We didn't mind - we got of school for an hour or so. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:19 PM

We had a "sit in" also that same year. The girls were smoking in the bathrooms so they took the doors off all the bathrooms. There was other stuff too that led to the sit in. But the doors was what the last thing was. Our superintendent came down the hall and told us he was "proud of us for working as a team". What a fucking joke my high school was.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

We had fake.bomb threats. I graduated in 1995. We all had to evacuate the building. We didn't mind - we got of school for an hour or so. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM

We had a guy that had threatened to blow up our school with pipe bombs and stuff. He was expelled because they found plans written out and maps of the school and where he wanted to place them. I still get creeped out when I see that dude around. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)