Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to all baking mommas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I have a dream of one day having my own bakery. Im going back to school to get my aa degree in baking professional. I bake as a hobby and know the basics. I want to know how did you start your business? How did you get the word out about your business? Was there ever a time when you felt like giving up? Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Check out Crumb Boss on Youtube. She's got a ton of tips.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Thanks I will go check them out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Check out Crumb Boss on Youtube. She's got a ton of tips.

balagan_imma
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Honestly, I would make sure that I took some courses in marketing and business writing. Learning to do market research and knowing how to reach your base group is really important. I just took an 8 week super intense course strictly on writing a business plan.

I don't bake for profit. I run a small kosher meat co-op and it's frustrating as all get out. Luckily we have a supplier who agrees with our sales and marketing concepts (pre-sell the meat, and produce what we've sold so there is little to no waste.) But our supplier can be a flake and the market is rough. But it's what I want so I keep plugging away at it. And 90% of my customers are word of mouth from other satisfied customers.

mrscass0416
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM
I don't have a business. But I love baking. So I have nothing interesting to offer as far as advice, so Good luck to you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I will look into that. It looks like it will be a lot of work and studying for me.

Quoting balagan_imma:

Honestly, I would make sure that I took some courses in marketing and business writing. Learning to do market research and knowing how to reach your base group is really important. I just took an 8 week super intense course strictly on writing a business plan.

I don't bake for profit. I run a small kosher meat co-op and it's frustrating as all get out. Luckily we have a supplier who agrees with our sales and marketing concepts (pre-sell the meat, and produce what we've sold so there is little to no waste.) But our supplier can be a flake and the market is rough. But it's what I want so I keep plugging away at it. And 90% of my customers are word of mouth from other satisfied customers.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:18 AM

co-workers would just offer me to bake certain cookies for them during the holidays

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)