Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccine/Immunization question...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I am CONTEMPLATING either not vaxing, selective vaxing or putting my child on a delayed vaxing schedule.

If you are a selective vaxer or have your child on a delayed vaxing schedule, can you please share with me what you do and why you chose to do it that way? Pumping my baby with 5 shots at once, doesn't sound so smart, I've done my research, but I want to hear some real life opinions and methods.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kitschy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I delayed vaccinations for my daughter. When she was two I had my son, and my gut told me not to vax him at all. When he was 6 months old we found out that was the right choice. His bone marrow wasn't working, vaccinations could have actually killed him. Once he was cleared medically for vaccinations, we decided to not continue to vaccinate either of our children.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I delayed vaxing, there are some she wont be getting, such as the chicken pox and the flu vaccines.

crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I delayed as my family has a history of bad reactions 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Why just those?

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I delayed vaxing, there are some she wont be getting, such as the chicken pox and the flu vaccines.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Delayed how long? Which ones did they get first?

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Because I see no point in getting either of those.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why just those?

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Rhiannon92
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I would get all of the vaccine pamphlets for each vaccine your child is scheduled to recieve, read the ENTIRE thing, make sure you comprehend, and then make a decision. You can get them through the FDA or vaccine manufacturers websites, or you should be able to recieve them from your pediatrician.
Also take into account personal experience of others, and what research is available and who it has been provided by.. It is a heavy weighing of risk vs. benefits and only you should make this decision for yourself.

Look into the VAERS database, but remember it is only an estimated 10% of vaccine reactions that are actually reported.. So what you see there is not everything.

I fully support what the parents choose for themselves and their children, but I applaud you for wanting to make an educated decision instead of blindly doing whatever you are told is best.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

We had started her on vaccines when she was born but when she was a few months old she had a reaction. We stopped vaxing and just started again a couple months ago. She is almost four. We decided to start vaxing again because the nurse who gave her vaccines when she was a baby lied about what they were and there is a good chance her reaction was not because of the vaccine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Delayed how long? Which ones did they get first?

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

SevenKisses
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I chose to not vax at all. I think it's very smart to not fully vax. If you do vax at all, it should be more spread apart and carefully decided which you will give and not. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)