Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

f*** that s***!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

I'm going to get an iud inserted next week and kind of nervous. I hear good stories then I hear horror stories. I want to know your opinions. I've had people tell me to get a script for anxiety meds and pain meds to take before and pain meds for after. Is this true? Should I ask my dr for them? I'm starting to freak out about this now and need some advice.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Take 2 advil before you go and eat a small meal. You'll be fine. :)
BUTMUNCH
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I had one and was fine the only meds i needed was ibuprofen....Had to get it out cause the dh said he could feel the string and it was poking him and he did not like it...We went back to condoms.Their is nothing to be worried about it is just a little pinch going in and out. I liked it when i was on it.

MrsCota8-2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Take 800 mg of ibuprofen and eat light. You can always ask for a valium or something there
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tifferie
by A$$tastic on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM
I had a horrible experience with mirena and would never recommend it to anyone. Mine went totally through my uterus. It made me gain weight and have crazy mood swings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I took ibuprofen. Whoever is telling you that stuff is a sever pussy. I had paragard taken out and mirena inserted on the same day and still only took ibuprofen.

lilmomma5377
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM
I've had mine for 2.5 yrs... Love it!!! Def a couple ibuprofen for the discomfort then they place it in otherwise you'll be fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristanna
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

It doesn't hurt getting it in lol. Mild cramping, that's it.

Now, i you ever want to have kids again I wouldn't do it. I had one in for 5 years and I have had it out for almost 2 years trying to get pregnant and no luck. NOW I am hearing that there is a class action lawsuit, because so many women are having problems getting pregnant after and having miscarriages.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

It hurt really bad after, but I didn't take anything except for Tylenol. Something stronger would have been nice. 

I had mine for about 3 years and sex was uncomfortable and I had random cramping, but nothing too bad. The wire(or whatever it is) that was hanging out did almost circumcise my poor dh. :(

autodidact
by Snarknado on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I know a suspiciously high number of women, myself included, who had to have someone go in surgically to fish them out. one out of five, my ass. (they claim this only happens to one in five women)

the procedure isn't a huge deal, its outpatient, but they do need to put you under. (removal, not insertion).  I was able to concieve just fine twice afterwords, though. 

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Sounds like someone wants meds....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)