Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sperm and egg donors

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

I just want to say thank you!!

To those of you who donate eggs, or whose SO's donate sperm, your gift is such a blessing to infertile families!! I was snuggling with my nephew this evening and it really struck me that even though the idea of his donor is kind of abstract (since he was anonymous), his gift is so very real and concrete. He wouldn't exist without someone's gift of sperm donation. I know it can be an controversial subject, but whe you are actually holding a baby who was conceived via donor gametes, it's such a priceless and amazing thing.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Reepicheep.CSL
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Aww! Congrats on your nephew. How old is he?
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I would love to donate eggs but I can't. Even though I have extremely fertile eggs, have had 3 perfectly healthy children, they won't let me donate because I am over weight.... How much sense does that make??

unspecified42
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Really! I think it's a little silly to have restrictions on BMI since so much of it is lifestyle. I wouldn't be able to donate, either because of that.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

I would love to donate eggs but I can't. Even though I have extremely fertile eggs, have had 3 perfectly healthy children, they won't let me donate because I am over weight.... How much sense does that make??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I have 5 great kids but I'm 40 now so I guess I'm out. But congrats to the others.

unspecified42
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

A week old:) He's such a cutie!!

Quoting Reepicheep.CSL:

Aww! Congrats on your nephew. How old is he?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I would never donate... I dont agree with it. Best wishes to your family though..
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I could never give my eggs away... I an glad that there are so many selfless people who do though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I don't agree with strictly anonymous donation. Luckily the donor my sister & BIL chose allows open communication once my nephew turns 18.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would never donate... I dont agree with it. Best wishes to your family though..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)