Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Childhood Injuries...Freaking out...or over paranoid?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I have 3 boys, we often wrestle or rough house together and nothing has even come of it. They get there energy out and some quality parent time, but today while my son and I were playing he got upset and hours later ended up with a headache and vomiting. Now, most parents out there have probably tossed your child onto a bed every now and then, again a mattress and pillows, nothing hard but he landed funny and kinked his neck and head as he landed. He didnt hit anything other then the pillows but immidietly started crying and saying owe. After he calmed down he ate and played, only to later tell me he had a headache and then started vomiting. I already called his dr, they said to watch him throughout the night and ask him logical questions like "whats his name" " where is he" etc to be sure he is aware, and make sure he doesnt continue to vomit and if so head to the ER. Well he is sleeping peacefully, no more throwing up, been researching online on kids with neck injuries but I think I am maybe over paranoid? That it just so happens he came down with something, the say he had an owie? I dont plan to leave his side tonight, I am beating myself up over it and honestly decided no more playing that game! I am sure kids have had much worse but its my baby and I am worried about him. What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Its probably a coincidence momma. I hope he's feeling better soon, don't beat yourself up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Kids are a walking case of shit happens. Just keep an eye on him like they said, skip the game like you planned to, and just remember that kids are kinda rubbery...they do tend to bounce back. But if he gets any worse, gets a stiff neck that hurts to move or the headache persists, get him checked out. Even something simple as a pinched nerve is a real bitch pain wise.

Fields456
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM
This or he could have gotten at little whip lash I'm sure he wi be just fine and it won't be the last time. You have boys!!!

Quoting mrsbrand:

Its probably a coincidence momma. I hope he's feeling better soon, don't beat yourself up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melakay1981
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM

He probably got overexcited.  There is also a nasty stomach bug going around, not sure if it is where you are from but everyone in our area and surrounding areas is puking and blowing their asses apart.

weezer_cookie
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM
The vomiting Is most concerning for me.
mariesmama
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM

my dd has thrown up after she hit her head before

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM
One of my 3 sons had whiplash from rough housing just a year ago. I know the worry. I took mine to the ER. They still rough house. LOL.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM
My son and his rough play caused a DCF visit a year ago. This kid has more accidents with poles and doors than anyone I've ever known LOL.

I'm really paranoid about head injuries (long story from when I was a kid that I wont go in to) so I'd probably call the ER and ask them if I should bring him in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM

My DD played & played all day yesterday.  Went to bed, woke up and hour later vomitting.

My neighbors DD was out on the trampoline today, came in & threw up.

Both are sick w/a tummy bug.  Vomitting & headache.  Probably a bug.

But he could have landed wrong, honestly I would stir him every few hours to make sure everything is ok.  But I'm a paranoid mama sometimes too.

LoriaAnn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM
How old is he?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)