Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with nativity scene

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM
  • 15 Replies
Who goes exactly where?
Reply 13 most recent arrangment
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM
I always put Jesus, Mary, and Joseph in the manger. Then I group the wise men together on one side and the shepherds with their animals on the other. All of them facing in to see the baby. If your set comes with an angel I would put it on top of the manger
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Most people put baby Jesus in the middle in the manger, and mary and joseph either on either side of Jesus or to one side of him...   most people set the shepherds on one side, the wisemen on the other, and the angel sometimes will hang on the top of the manger if you have an angel... not all nativities do.

then, they scatter the animals around where they think they belong (sheep near the shepherd, cow and donkey toward one side or to the back of the manger, if manger is big enough...

zebbyzebby06
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Mines a but diff...iam uploading a pic i feel there is a lot on one side

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

I always put Jesus, Mary, and Joseph in the manger. Then I group the wise men together on one side and the shepherds with their animals on the other. All of them facing in to see the baby. If your set comes with an angel I would put it on top of the manger
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zebbyzebby06
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Here is what i have u rearranged a bit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zebbyzebby06
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Theres no manager its just stautes i have a sheperd, mary josheph 3wisen a angle sheep donkey of of course Jesus.

Quoting KrissyKC:

Most people put baby Jesus in the middle in the manger, and mary and joseph either on either side of Jesus or to one side of him...   most people set the shepherds on one side, the wisemen on the other, and the angel sometimes will hang on the top of the manger if you have an angel... not all nativities do.

then, they scatter the animals around where they think they belong (sheep near the shepherd, cow and donkey toward one side or to the back of the manger, if manger is big enough...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zebbyzebby06
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Iam confused cause all pics i see Joseph is kneeling with mary. But the guy i have that kneeling has a crown as do 2 others. Than the one i thought was Joseph is standing with a (idk proper name) a head wrap type thig and has a cane and light. The one kneeling looks to be handing a gift

Quoting KrissyKC:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Theres no specific place, but in ours, Jesus goes in the middle, Mary behind the cradle, Joseph to the right of it, the kneeling wise man goes to the left of the cradle, the two others wait behind him, the cow and donkey go in the back right corner of the manger, the shepherd and his sheep are on the right side behind Joseph, and the Angel goes on the little shelf that's inside the manger. Ours looks just like this one, only the little side building thing on the right is raised more with a shelf under it, ours has an angel, and the people are painted a little different:

This is the manger that we have

zebbyzebby06
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Thanks :) ours didnt have the manger...ill post pic of these directions give me a couple minutes

Quoting LucyHarper:

Theres no specific place, but in ours, Jesus goes in the middle, Mary behind the cradle, Joseph to the right of it, the kneeling wise man goes to the left of the cradle, the two others wait behind him, the cow and donkey go in the back right corner of the manger, the shepherd and his sheep are on the right side behind Joseph, and the Angel goes on the little shelf that's inside the manger. Ours looks just like this one, only the little side building thing on the right is raised more with a shelf under it, ours has an angel, and the people are painted a little different:

This is the manger that we have

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:11 AM

i believe a camel goes in the manger. Yep.. that's about right. 

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM

my mom has that manger :) i love it. its pretty. 

my mom does all the peices. 

i always keep it just Jesus Mary and Joseph, and some sheep and cows. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)