Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grrrrr......another dad vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

so my dads staying at my house until his birthday on thursday, so like every night dh works i go and pick him up from work since we only have one car.....well today was supposed to be his day off but he got called in at 3:00 today and so idk when he's supposed to get off,and since he has no cell i cant text or call him and he cant call me to tell me to come get him. so i walk out to the living room with ds all bundled up and ready to go get dh and my dad just says "dont go get him wait until he calls you" i just say "im not gonna walk into the store or anything just go see if he's standing outside waiting for me" my dad sucks his teeth and says "dont fucking go your going to get him fired!" *sigh* whatever, so i walk back into my room take all of ds's pants and jackets off and put his pj's on....i have to sit until 9 or else my dads going to go ballistic because i want to go get my dh from work......

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM
3 moms liked this
Tell dad to stfu or get out. Its none of his damned business and he has no right to talk to you like that in your home, in front of your child.
bluerose26
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Why are you letting your dad tell you what to do, he is your guest. Politely tell him to stfu :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Quoting bluerose26:

Why are you letting your dad tell you what to do, he is your guest. Politely tell him to stfu :)

just trying to keep the piece since he's been depressed since he retired 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
You're the boss in your house. Don't let anybody come up in there and tell u what to do.
Fatal_Frost
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM
I don't know why he acted like that... and I don't know why you listened to him... does irrational behaviour run in your family?
lovinglife0682
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Honestl I find it very bizarre to just go see if your husband is outside,  but I would never think it is ok to talk to someone that way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Honestl I find it very bizarre to just go see if your husband is outside,  but I would never think it is ok to talk to someone that way.

if he wasnt standing out there i would have waited until 9 to see if he came out....iv done that every time he doesnt have a phone lol

lovinglife0682
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM
I would get him a phone. I don't have patience for that. But I would have to get three kids in the car.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinglife0682:

if he wasnt standing out there i would have waited until 9 to see if he came out....iv done that every time he doesnt have a phone lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Quoting lovinglife0682:

I would get him a phone. I don't have patience for that. But I would have to get three kids in the car.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinglife0682:

yeah its just our one year old to put in the car plus he falls asleep so it's easier to put him to bed when we get home lol

i mean he has a phone but the number doesnt work and has no minutes, he has to wait a couple months before he reactivates it 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't understand why your dh can't call you from a phone at work. I mean its pretty ridiculous to take your kid out late at night just to sit in a car and wait. And your dad is a dickhead.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)