• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want to sound ungrateful....

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM
  • 17 Replies

I hate making post like this because it does make me sound ungrateful.

but our house is very small and all the grandparents have gotten our babies lots and lots of gifts, and big gifts and we have no where to put them! I told them this before they got stuff, but that didn't seem to matter.

and most of the stuff is for 3 years and up and my twins are only 15 months so I asked if they could keep things at their house until they grew into them because of space and they said no.

So I have no idea what to do.....
and if I said another word about it, it would just be a huge fight!
When I look around our tiny little house, I just want to cry.We do plan on moving into a bigger house but our lease isnt up until may and we were rushed into this house because the owners of the last house we were in sold it from under us. (long story) so when we moved into this house, even tho it was small, because it was all we could really find in the area.
I've decided to donate a lot of their toys they have now, but that still doesnt make enough room.

Okay, I'm done being ungrateful.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninjakids
by Christina on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Same here just from sos family we have a car trunk filled with toys etc. Even at easter. Our house is not that small...not huge either but its to the point we changed our dining room to a toy room just to make room for the toys :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I had the same issue this Christmas, we let the kids open presents earler since they are leaving Christmas morning. I almost went crazy from all the clutter though!

harpsichord
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM

there's no basement or attic or anything?

Luna091306
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Oh and we live in a tiny apartment. Most of the time it's just 3 of us but when dh's kids are over at the same time as my dd there is 8! I about shit a brick every time the kids bring over more toys....there is no where to put them! I can not wait to move.....it's May for us too.

MJuliet
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:57 PM

We live in florida so no one here has a basement and out attic was nailed shut because there was a rodent problem with the house. We have a horrible landlord, so we had to hire people outselves to fix the attic, so I had them seal every possible way to get into the attic.  I'm not sure what is up there, and I dont want to find out.

Quoting harpsichord:

there's no basement or attic or anything?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM
I'm actually letting my MIL get my THREE year old an iPad (which I am NOT happy about) because I hope it'll stop her from buying all the other crappy, plastic, cheap toys.
I saw my moms pile and am very impressed with how well she contained herself.

It's very frustrating. Keep the tags on everything and keep as many receipts as possible!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I would just be happy my kids where getting gifts at all. Small house or not. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I would tell them if the stuff can't stay at their house then you are getting rid of it. I already told my mil what has to stay at her that she bought my one dd. I said if she objected than she should return it.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM

You have to get creative with what storage space  you have.

Can you store stuff under your bed, the kids bed/crib? What about the top part of the closet....do you have room to install some shelves?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Im sure you'll benefiting from the ipad too so ... Lol my boys have so many toys that i swear their playroom is a mini toys r us lol but i figure these year will pass by fast so they can get as many toys as possible .. My hands itch from wanting to buy any and every toy they want lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm actually letting my MIL get my THREE year old an iPad (which I am NOT happy about) because I hope it'll stop her from buying all the other crappy, plastic, cheap toys.

I saw my moms pile and am very impressed with how well she contained herself.

It's very frustrating. Keep the tags on everything and keep as many receipts as possible!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)