Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you keep your house smelling good?

I want something that will keep a fragrance flowing through out my house rather than just using Febreeze through out the day... I have tried the Glade plug-ins but I feel like they don't last long enough and my toddlers are always trying to pull them out of the wall. I was thinking about using an oil or even a wax burner, any recommendations ladies?

Note: I clean and vaccum daily, no pets either. I just want a nice clean fragrance smell flowing through out my home all day.

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Replies (21-30):
shylynn22
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:13 AM

automatic air fresheners, from glade. got them at the family dollar. also frebreeze and candles

deek843
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Well all of these suggestions are definitely something that will keep the house smelling good but is it just that you want your house to smell good or that you're trying to cover up scent? Honestly, cleaning is the only way to get the smell out and if your cleaners aren't working I would try a vinegar/water mixture. If it's the carpets then you should maybe deep clean them. The diaper pail smell that someone mentioned...well that's tough! I keep the kitty litter boxes in an isolated room and keep the window open just so that scent has somewhere else to go.

But I have used the Bath and Body works plug ins - I can't smell them after the first week :( and I have Scentsy warmers that I turn on maybe once a week.

Sorry this is so long! But I hope it helps!

Fmama2
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM
I HAVE THE WAX WARMER FROM WALMART AND LOVE THEM
THEY ARE BETWEEN 8-10$DEPENDING IN THE SIZE YOU WANT AND THE CUBES ARE $2 FOR A 6PACK. I LOVE THEM
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2four1978
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

15.00 at walmart and 25.00 at hobby lobby. But I think I probably used a 40% off coupon since I always do there. They always have printable coupons on their website (hobby lobby) and the scents come in a 6 pack for 2.00-2.50. but one tart lasts a long time. My favorite scents are the ones that smell clean. I don't like the food scents too much. My current one I am using is called soft cashmere from walmart. But I have about 30 different ones. Because they become addicting to buy. lol

Oh and these things are the same as scentsy.

Quoting samanthastaatss:

Do you remember how much they were? I was looking online but I would much rather buy in store, what is your favorite scent to use as well?

Quoting mom2four1978:

I have the wax burners. I love them. I got them at walmart and hobby lobby. I have 1 in my living room which makes the whole living room, kitchen, dining, and front bathroom smell good. Then I have one in the bedroom area which covers 3 bedrooms and a bathroom.

~ LIZZY~

Leah.Rae
by Sarah on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I got my wax burner from Walmart for 10. The cubes I use are better homes and gardens brand and they're $2 for 8 cubes. They smell soooo good. I know you weren't asking me but thought I'd share anyway :)

Quoting samanthastaatss:

Do you remember how much they were? I was looking online but I would much rather buy in store, what is your favorite scent to use as well?

Quoting mom2four1978:

I have the wax burners. I love them. I got them at walmart and hobby lobby. I have 1 in my living room which makes the whole living room, kitchen, dining, and front bathroom smell good. Then I have one in the bedroom area which covers 3 bedrooms and a bathroom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I have one of those automatic air freshener sprayers. I like it, and depending on where you put it, it can spread the fragrance pretty far. I have ours on a bookshelf in the living room, and you can smell it through the entire house.

shylynn22
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM

they use batteries and hang on the wall. they have 3 settings and it sprays out air freshener every once in a while depending on the setting.

Quoting shylynn22:

automatic air fresheners, from glade. got them at the family dollar. also frebreeze and candles

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Quoting zoenlandonsmom:

scentsy

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2four1978
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a suggestion for your litter box room. I got this thing called  True Air at Lowes its a small plug in air filter. I plug it in right next to the litter box and it filters the smell away. Its awesome.

Quoting deek843:

Well all of these suggestions are definitely something that will keep the house smelling good but is it just that you want your house to smell good or that you're trying to cover up scent? Honestly, cleaning is the only way to get the smell out and if your cleaners aren't working I would try a vinegar/water mixture. If it's the carpets then you should maybe deep clean them. The diaper pail smell that someone mentioned...well that's tough! I keep the kitty litter boxes in an isolated room and keep the window open just so that scent has somewhere else to go.

But I have used the Bath and Body works plug ins - I can't smell them after the first week :( and I have Scentsy warmers that I turn on maybe once a week.

Sorry this is so long! But I hope it helps!

~ LIZZY~

layawatling
by Laya on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Scentsy, Gold Canyon, Partylite & Glade air fresheners
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)