Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two kids naked in the closet together at my 6 year old's bday party!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

We had my Kindergardener's birthday party last night (yes on a Tuesday, it was the only day that worked for us). Well, we had a lot of people turn out. 6 kids that were invited, all of their parents, plus my 4 kids & the grandparents and great grand parent. All the parents stayed and visited except one girl's Mom dropped her off after meeting me & DH and walking around the house to make sure everything was ok. (I run a home daycare so my house is SUPER kid proofed). The whole party was planned and we were all in the same room until the last 20 minutes and all the kids just ran around until it was time to go. I made sure there was an adult on each floor watching the kids, but clearly with how things ended, we did not do our jobs. It was pretty fun until things got quiet. My house is really big (3 story) and the kids were running up and down the stairs shooting each other with darts and playing tag, being really loud, so when thing got quiet i natrually wanted to see what was up. I walk around doing a head count and can't find 2 kids.  I send all the kids to the formal dining room with DH until I can find the 2 "missing".

After yelling for lost boy, his dad joins in the search. I went into DS6 room to look for them, open the closet door and BOOM. There are the 2 lost kids, the girl (who's Mom dropped her off) and a boy. Naked. Kissing. I asked What are you two doing? The boys stayed quiet as I yelled for his dad and tell him they are in the closet naked. You need to dress him and take him home please. The dad was like lost for words. He was just rambling, sayong things like what? they are together? you were kissing her son?

I ask the girl to get dressed and then told her I needed to know what happend. She said nothing, we were just talking. I asked, About what? She said, You know, blah blah blah. I told her No, I don't know but you are to stay in the same rom as me the rest of the night.

Here's what gets me. I tell her parents and they laughed it off. They were just like Oh, I can't believe she did that, haha. They just laughed it off like it was nothing! 

I didn't think it was funny one bit. This has really torn me up. I am so upset about this. I feel like a total failure, something like this has never happened around me before. The boy's Mom called later and apologized and said she had no idea he even knew about getting naked with a girl. They had a serious talk with him and plan to continue talking with him about this. They also scheduled a parent-teacher conference to make sure the girl is never alone with him again so there won't be a chance of it happening at school. They seemed legit about how serious this was, but I cann't get over what happened!!!

I don't know if I will ever host another party in my home. I know I will for damn sure never let kids be dropped off again, or keep it to 2 kids so I can keep up with everyone like a damn hawk....

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Retrokitty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow it's concerning yet not going to lie I laughed. I would want to know where they learned that behaviour.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:29 PM

About to head to school Christmas party. Will be back later to answer questions & talk this out more. Sorry if its rambled. I am just freaking out!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I know! I natrually assumed it was the boy's fault, but after talking with the parents I think the girl was initiating it. Very concerning.

Quoting Retrokitty:

Oh wow it's concerning yet not going to lie I laughed. I would want to know where they learned that behaviour.

jynkx
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:32 PM

i understand your feelings.  

jynkx
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM

she probably did.  her parents lack of concern over the incident says that that is somewhat "normal" around them.  idk....... thats not cool at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know! I natrually assumed it was the boy's fault, but after talking with the parents I think the girl was initiating it. Very concerning.

Quoting Retrokitty:

MissMysteriouss
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:35 PM
4 moms liked this
I am more concerned that you "lost" two kids long enough for them to be naked in a closet. Yes it was bad. What is worse is you say you run a daycare. I hope you watch the kids in your daycare better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I'd be freaked out too! Can't belive the girls parents weren't more upset. As a mother of two daughters I'd flip if something like this happened with one of my girls. I just hope her parents talked to her about it.  In our house we belive it's nevr to early to talk about sex. You just keep the talk to your child's age level.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:38 PM
*shakes head, covers face*
Oh the shame of it all. Glad she didn't have a gun.
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Oh my freakin god. Wow. That really sucks. I would feel terrible. I feel so bad for you. What a horrible situation you were put in. Shit. I would be extremely concerned about that little girl. But what can you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:46 PM
5 moms liked this
On lord! It was a party and the kids where running around like crazy! Shit happens! The kids hid in a closets and got naked have you ever tried to keep track of a bunch if running around screaming small children. Plus if you want to be like that why wasn't the boys father watching him more closely in a strange house?

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I am more concerned that you "lost" two kids long enough for them to be naked in a closet. Yes it was bad. What is worse is you say you run a daycare. I hope you watch the kids in your daycare better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured