Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS issues :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My 3yo DD came from her grandma's house saying some disturbing things about what "Papa" and her did that day.

As a NORMAL, concerned mother I took her to the hospital. The Dr checked her out and talked with her, then called the police and Child protection services.

Thats fine, I knew the DR was doing her job and this needed to be investigated. I waited until about 8-9 pm to be discharged for whatever reason.

The next day Child protection services came to my home. I am pregnant and fighting all night morning sickness, they showed up at 8am.I am still in PJ's the kids just woke up and were in PJs and the house was messy. I had the laundry separated into piles in the hallway because I was doing laundry that day, and the kids had their toys out and spilled their breakfast on the floor. In no way was my house unsanitary it was just messy. I could clean it up in about 10 min or so if I had known they were coming to my house.

CPS talked to my daughter then with me. Well she told me that she was concerned about the condition of my home and would be back the next day to talk with my husband and would like to see it clean. (???) Her concern was that the trash wasn't taken out and that there were clothes in the hallway and toys and food on the floor. ummm yea ok.

So whatever I went on with my day the house was clean and spotless when she showed up (4 hours late) to talk with my husband. we both are kindof ticked off because our house is not filthy and she was making a deal out of nothing. He answered her questions and she talked to both of us and we signed a paper saying that we wouldn't let our children around the suspected abuser (her "papa") we did not question or argue about this at all because it was a no brainer.

WELL my daughter had to go in for a forensic interview. The CPS worker was there as a witness. She brought me into a room afterwards to explain to me that she was concerned for the children's safety and let her supervisor know as well. That my husband had shown signs that he was going to go against the safety plan. (WTH?????)

I told her that was not true they have no reason to go over there that they will see their grandma at the family dinner that he will not attend because he is banned from great-grandpa's home.

Then she said that my children need to be put into DAYCARE. because My DD didn't know hold old she was. My DD knows her full name. can write her first name, her age, her birthday, can count to 20, and can add and subtract single digit numerals plus so much more.

My son does have a speech delay but he is still barely 2 and pedi says he will outgrow it. He knows his colors, shapes, and can point out any alphabet letter if you ask him "where is ___"

But she is worried that my children are not being educated enough. She has seen my child a total of 30 minutes and has come to the conclusion that they are behind????

I asked my daughter why she wouldn't tell them hold old she was. She said because she wanted to play with play doh and they wouldn't leave her alone. >_<

MORAL OF THE STORY. If you ask for help, you will be the one being investigated. Forget them trying to get the person who hurt her, nope, lets nit pick at the parents and make their lives hell.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Replies (41-50):
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM

wow  you did the right thing to begin with and because yo uahve kids and your house wasn'tspotless they are now doing this. ridiculous. do they plan on paying for daycare as well... sounds like they dont have any better casesto keep themselves busy with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM

why is a small child not saying how old she is an issue?My dd is 4.5 and knows how old she is but when she gets annoyed she'll yell 6! 

It happens, kids get bored and don't want to participate. Hope this all works out for you.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Dude.. my 6yo won't answer a strangers questions unless he freely wants to.... what does her not telling them her age have to with shit?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Precisely why I hate CPS. They have no safeguards in place to prevent idiots getting on their high horse and acting like twatwaffles. There are kids who live in a good home being removed for no reason, and there are kids being physically abused with marks being kept in the home until they die. It doesn't make sense.

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Of course it is, 99% of the moms on CM and in this group they are, They can have a clean hosue while laying at death's door and working 200 hours a week while having 6 sick kids and running the other 20 kids to their 900 school activities a day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pig sty? Seriously? Smdh! OK Ms. Perfect mommy. You mean to say your house is 100% perfect 24/7? Bullshit!

Quoting Anonymous:

your house was a pig sty....so you think they should not worry about the kids over all safety, just what u want reviewed

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Yeah.. I know. CPS is dirty sometimes.

They pulled this shit on me too to some degree, they came to my front door and asked me if I had a cat.

Yeah.. and?

I should have slammed the door in their faces.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Exactly. I had a worker show up randomly and my place was a mess because we had all been sick and I hadn't cleaned for the weekend yet. My room is horrible; I will admit it. She had no issues with it because it was normal kid mess stuff.

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

Are you kidding me?

The only time they are concerned about a house is when it is unsanitary, unlivable and posing a threat. Having a messy house, or just not keeping a tidy home is not cause for concern.

Shot would not hold up in court.

THIS is why you never let CPS in your home with out a warrant.

Op you need a lawyer.

Quoting Anonymous:

your house was a pig sty....so you think they should not worry about the kids over all safety, just what u want reviewed

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Food on the floor? EW. My kids eat at the table, I hate when people let them eat on the floor. 

HousewifeNina
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Your home should never be in that condition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melschlegs
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Not true, actually. My step sister called cps on her ex and when they came to look at her house (I was there), there were only dishes in the sink from breakfast (it was 9 am when they showed up), and they showed concerns as well. I guess it depends on the case worker.

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

Are you kidding me?

The only time they are concerned about a house is when it is unsanitary, unlivable and posing a threat. Having a messy house, or just not keeping a tidy home is not cause for concern.

Shot would not hold up in court.

THIS is why you never let CPS in your home with out a warrant.

Op you need a lawyer.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured